• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

D.I.Y Hanging perch

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
Your materials to make the perch are: Stainless steel wire, Thick string/yarn. First, make the metal wire into a triangle. But before you make the final angle, make the wire go straight up and go around like a hook. Next, wrap your string/yarn around the metal triangle. But don’t wrap the hook area. if you want, you Could put a string through the top, and put a bell inside the string. Then tie the string to support the bell. Then hang your perch on Top of your cage. If something is wrong with your design, tell me in the reply And show me a picture of your design so I could Tell you what to fix.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Best to specify the type of metal and string people need to use as not all are safe.
A picture may also help to others as it’s not easy for me to visualise what you’re describing.

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
Your materials to make the perch are: Stainless steel wire, Thick string/yarn. First, make the metal wire into a triangle. But before you make the final angle, make the wire go straight up and go around like a hook. Next, wrap your string/yarn around the metal triangle. But don’t wrap the hook area. if you want, you Could put a string through the top, and put a bell inside the string. Then tie the string to support the bell. Then hang your perch on Top of your cage. If something is wrong with your design, tell me in the reply And show me a picture of your design so I could Tell you what to fix.
I couldn’t edit my message to type the best string to use for birds so this is the correct string: Cotton string.

Also here’s a picture of what it should look like if done Correctly: D6D28FD5-8D8B-495C-86B3-F07BB8B865A7.jpeg