• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cutest/coolest thing your bird has ever said?

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Tonight, I had a soda and I always keep it in my lap when I’m with the birds so they can’t sneak a sip. Phoenix stood in front of me for like an hour flirting with me, trying to coax me into giving him a drink :roflmao: He was singing, dancing, and he started saying “you so cute!” Which was the first time he’s ever said that, but dang he was working hard for that forbidden sip!!:roflmao:

For Raijū, his cutest thing would be him saying “Peekaboo!” Every time I see him, it’s like his way of saying hello. It’s super cute.

What’s the cutest/coolest thing your birds have ever said? I could talk about what birds say/do for hours:roflmao:

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I'm w/ you!!! ... we could talk for hours about 'our kids'...!
  • Guess I'll always remember Freddie Timneh when my hubby would kiss me at the kitchen window... Freddie would make a disgusted 'ooouuuggghhhh'. [Like a prepubescent teenager catching his parents kissing].
  • Or when she would make the 'old man cough'...
  • Or when [the former father] asked where 'Kendra' was... Freddie was ok if the answer was 'in the bathroom'... but would get angry at the bell if the answer was 'upstairs'...
  • Or when I was burning something on the stove, and Freddie called me by name she had given me ["Kendra, Kendra"]... but when I didn't respond... then she YELLED... "PAT"! The only time she actually called me by my real name!
Way too many stories about her! Memories every one!

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I'm w/ you!!! ... we could talk for hours about 'our kids'...!
  • Guess I'll always remember Freddie Timneh when my hubby would kiss me at the kitchen window... Freddie would make a disgusted 'ooouuuggghhhh'. [Like a prepubescent teenager catching his parents kissing].
  • Or when she would make the 'old man cough'...
  • Or when [the former father] asked where 'Kendra' was... Freddie was ok if the answer was 'in the bathroom'... but would get angry at the bell if the answer was 'upstairs'...
  • Or when I was burning something on the stove, and Freddie called me by name she had given me ["Kendra, Kendra"]... but when I didn't respond... then she YELLED... "PAT"! The only time she actually called me by my real name!
Way too many stories about her! Memories every one!
Oh my gosh those are too good :rofl:

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
Essie is more of a babbling chatter-box. She's trying -- tracking pitch shifts and playing with her gravely voice but still not quite forming words.

That being said, If I lean in on my wife, it's fairly often we'll hear a *SMOOCH* from the other side of the room :roflmao:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Rosie, my tiel, only says "whatcha doin?" But he says it in the world's cutest voice. I can listen to him do it all day.

Elvis, says maybe 25 words? He says "I love Elvis" fairly often but when he doesn't want to go to sleep, he'll say from inside his covered cage "I looooove Elllllllllvis" in the most pathetic voice to try to get you to take him back out. He knows how to play you. One of the cutest newer things he's said was I was putting his cover on his cage (which I refer to as "blanket") and he said "Hi Blanket!"

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think Quierido might talk, any tips on helping your bird talk? I don't mind that he doesn't talk, but it's still very cool
*I bet it was very hard not to give your bird soda

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
OMG everyones birds say such adorable things!

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Bogie, the tiel I had years ago, had his cage in front of the glass sliding doors. Once , I walked into the room and exclaimed loudly " eeeeew there's a huge slug on the door " . Bogie promptly replied " uh ooooh ! It was the first time he said that

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
JaJaBinks (B&H Macaw) would look at food (she often sat on the corner of the table & ate off my plate) & ask "Is it good?". I'd say I don't know try it. She'd take a bite & if she liked it she'd say "UMMMMM good". If not she'd shake her head & say "ewww". Every day, when we fed them in cage foods, she'd do the same. She'd also tell me to "back-up" when I was on the riding mower. She'd wave her wing & say "bye-bye". I could put my hand over my eyes & she'd say "peek-a-boo". I'm trying to teach JaKhu these things. JaKhu doesn't talk as plain as JaJaBinks did. JaKhu is more nasal sounding.

Jengo (CAG) will say "call the birdies" & then whistle a tune. This is from me calling my Purple Martin colony to come catch crickets I flip in the air for them. She also does "peek-a-boo". Jengo has a cute Minnie Mouse type voice.

Jasmine (U2) isn't a good talker, but she does say her name cute.

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm so jealous that both your budgies talk! Pretty sure I ruined my chances of that by raising them together.
And I don't know what is up with the Amazon being the most silent bird in the house LOL.

I still kind of hope to someday have a really great talker. If I ever do get another bird it would probably be either my pionus, blue crown conure, or a TAG.

For now I have Oggie quotes! Some of his word sounds are open to interpretation for sure..there are only a few and I might be mishearing him, but he does the same ones in the same situations at least.

Oggie's cutest ones are
1. When he sees us offer him a new treat, or one he hasn't had in awhile. He goes "Ooooh!"

If we're offering a treat he wants but not *that* special he says (I think) "For me."

2. He likes to rock back and forth on his perches, so I gave him a swing. But the first time he got on it he gave it such a rock that it started swinging and spinning all crazy like a carnival ride!
He was desperately trying to snatch at the cage bars to get off, and I had to manually stop it with my hand for him to flee.
I thought that would be it for swings.
But I guess he's learned how to control it now - he shocked us a few days ago when he suddenly got on, started swinging and spinning like a hurricane, and called out "Wheeeeee!"

3. How he asks to be picked up, that little foot lift and saying his own name. "Og-gee?"

4. When I have chips or some snack he mistakenly thinks he should get a bite of, he starts saying (I think) "Good birdie!"

5. Every time I cough he coughs.

6. "Doopie doopie dooo!"
I don't know what this is. My bf and I say this all the time now. We learned it from him.

7. I haven't pinned down if this is directed at me or the dog.. in the evening when we all migrate over to the couch to watch tv (right where Oggie can see us best) he says "Hi/hey buddy/baby".
I suspect he's indeed talking to the dog.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Chaos was outside with me one day and I tripped over my own feet.
He said 'you ok?'. Has never said it since, but I ask all my birds this is they fumble or fall.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
MC would holler "whatcha doing" when I'd be in the bedroom and out of his sight.

Secret's funniest was during a family Thanksgiving bash. A young boy (great nephew) was standing in front of his cage and giving Secret a lot of attention and I clearly heard Secret say......"let me out"!

I bolted across the kitchen.

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
MC would holler "whatcha doing" when I'd be in the bedroom and out of his sight.

Secret's funniest was during a family Thanksgiving bash. A young boy (great nephew) was standing in front of his cage and giving Secret a lot of attention and I clearly heard Secret say......"let me out"!

I bolted across the kitchen.
Haha! I forgot - we had my bfs 4 year old nephew staying over for the 4th of July. We made sure to warn him repeatedly, (even with a baby gate sectioning off the area) if that bird says "Come here!".. don't do it!!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My best ever talker Chipper would repeat just about everything i said. One time as i was leaving in the morning for work he said "see ya later" to me. After that i only heard him say this as i left for work in am.

Did phoenix ever get that sip of soda?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Did phoenix ever get that sip of soda?
Man I wish I could have, he definitely deserved one!! :roflmao:

I'm so jealous that both your budgies talk! Pretty sure I ruined my chances of that by raising them together.
I’ve seen YouTube videos of people getting their budgies to talk when they were flock raised, you just have to say it all the time like it’s your flock call and eventually they’ll say it. I think Phoenix is more likely to copy whatever I say since I’m basically his mom, but Raijū has started copying what I say repeatedly (Peekaboo, pretty bird, bacon pancake, and my laugh :roflmao:)

Honestly I say some of those so much, especially bacon pancake, to where I’ll start saying it when the birds aren’t even around. I may be crazy:rofl:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My budgies say all sorts of cool, cute things, but I don't understand them, because they say them in Budgie. :laugh:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Nothing, absolutely nothing :hilarious:
Have always wanted one of them to say ‘pretty bird’, but have admitted it’s wishful thinking and honestly I don’t care anymore :)

And now that I think about it Washington (my family’s old bird) used to say ‘Wash your hands’ :wacky:

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
My budgies say all sorts of cool, cute things, but I don't understand them, because they say them in Budgie. :laugh:
I don't know if it is a standard budgie noise that he has just started making, but Merlin has recently started to give this little whistle/chirp with the intonation of someone exclaiming "what?" It makes me giggle every time because it sounds like he is perplexed by something, and I have no idea where he picked it up. My sister thinks it sounds like me saying, "yeah?", because I will absently reply to him that way sometimes, but it's definitely a little whistle!

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Few days back, I returned to my morning sleep after removing Inca's cage cover... While dozzing off, I heard my refrigerator alarm. I rushed to the dining hall, everything was fine there, refrigerator door was closed so no chance of alarm... I came back to my bedroom, Inca was sitting on his favorite perch, looking TOO INNOCENT :lol:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
This thread really gave me a smile, love to read all your cute and funny things :heart2:
I don't have a particular cute or cool thing, I just think it's amazing that Sisi really gets the meaning of some of the things she says or when you use it!
Everytime I come in her room she will say "hi" or "hello", and when I leave she will say "bye!" She also says this when she doesn't like things or just wants you to go so she can rest :lol:
Sisi has this really big wooden toy where she will sleep on, last weekend she was sleeping on there again and my boyfriend asked her "are you sitting comfortable there?" and she answered with a loud "yes!" :lol:
When she thinks my dog is doing something bad she will say his name kind of mad. And when she's mad at a toy she will say say her own name kind of mad.
When she wants some kisses she will ask "kiss?" or will make kissing sounds.
There are just a lot of things she says that are really cool or cute, could write a whole bookwork on her.