• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cutest/coolest thing your bird has ever said?

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Few days back, I returned to my morning sleep after removing Inca's cage cover... While dozzing off, I heard my refrigerator alarm. I rushed to the dining hall, everything was fine there, refrigerator door was closed so no chance of alarm... I came back to my bedroom, Inca was sitting on his favorite perch, looking TOO INNOCENT :lol:
My husband told me a story-- his smoke alarm would go off in middle of the night... Nothing... Changed batteries, and still went off... Took the batteries out, thinking device was faulty... Guess what... it went off... again! Blame the bird!

Or when the cupboard door would creak... that's where Steve kept his food...

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Talking is GREAT... Yes... BUT I would rather have a bird [be owned by a bird] who loves being cuddled! To me, that is more important!
Absolutely.

Tazlima

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Boo blew my mind the other day. I've been taking her out in the carrier when I walk the dogs. She goes politely (but not eagerly) into the carrier, and she's completely silent during the walks. I've tried to keep them brief and pleasant, but still, I worry she's not enjoying them, you know?

Well, the other morning, I was sitting with her on the couch. The carrier was nearby where I had set it down after our last walk. She looked me dead in the eye and said, clear as a bell, "go outside?"

She's never said those words before. I have no idea when she learned them. But I can take a hint. I was like, "of course!" and immediately put her in the carrier, grabbed the dog, and headed out for a quick trip.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Talking is GREAT... Yes... BUT I would rather have a bird [be owned by a bird] who loves being cuddled! To me, that is more important!
I'm lucky Phoenix likes to cuddle. It's never for long, but he loves to be pressed against my cheek or my hand to nap.

He also does this thing where he rubs his cheek/head feathers on my cheeks, and he's so soft! It's adorable
I thought he would have grown out of it by now, especially with Raiju living with him, but he's still a very affectionate bird. I'm hoping he'll teach Raiju to do the same :lol:

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Boo blew my mind the other day. I've been taking her out in the carrier when I walk the dogs. She goes politely (but not eagerly) into the carrier, and she's completely silent during the walks. I've tried to keep them brief and pleasant, but still, I worry she's not enjoying them, you know?

Well, the other morning, I was sitting with her on the couch. The carrier was nearby where I had set it down after our last walk. She looked me dead in the eye and said, clear as a bell, "go outside?"

She's never said those words before. I have no idea when she learned them. But I can take a hint. I was like, "of course!" and immediately put her in the carrier, grabbed the dog, and headed out for a quick trip.
That's so precious!

KhanKrazy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashley
My RB2 will sit on perch by the window in the bird room and yell “Come here! Come here, big boy!” Out st random strangers. I’ve had to be careful when the window is open he also yells it at me when he hears me come home from work or around the house and he wants me in the room

Ziggy, my Sun Conure, every single night when I put the birds to bed she says “Step up?!” In the cutest voice ever. I’ve only ever gotten her to say goodnight to me once. Or she’ll just continue to say her own name until it fades to a quiet whisper as she gets really sleepy.

Tangoares

Walking the driveway
I love all the comments on this thread lol, so cute

I always laugh when Tango says things in the right context ,
Like when someone is pulling up in the driveway, or he hears someone walking up the stairs, he says " who's there "

He understands peekaboo lol

When he's flying around to different spots in the house, he will say " come on" , or if I say it to him he will instantly follow lol

He only says or I only hear him say " good morning" in the morning

More & more just keep popping in my head
.. I thought it was so sweet when he had to spend 4 nights at the vet last year, and when I went to pick him up, I was waiting inside the room for him, and when she finally brought him in, he said " hi tango"
And he didn't say another word the whole way home lol.

Aaandd just the other day I was eating something he wanted, and he just sat on my shoulder moving his mouth, saying " good boy" over and over lol

Last edited:

scotbird

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dayna
I've laughed reading these, put a smile on my face and the faces of my family!!

One of my old parakeets used to say "sleep" while trying to make a nest out of your hair. Funnily enough, he never ever said that while actually in his cage to sleep. I've recently adopted a cockatoo, and she says "bye bye Charlee" when she goes into her cage to sleep at night. I'm starting to think she just associates those words with being locked in, though, because when I put her in her carrier to take her to the vet she kept saying it the whole journey. It was a struggle to get her into her carrier aswell, and she went to the cage door (which I had locked) and started beaking it, saying "bye bye Charlee"

MacawMom87

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brandy
Chaos was outside with me one day and I tripped over my own feet.
He said 'you ok?'. Has never said it since, but I ask all my birds this is they fumble or fall.
Oh my gosh that’s so sweet!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Elysian maybe oggie is try to say scoobie doobie doo

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Mel is pretty talkative, especially in the early morning and right before she goes to bed.

My desk is right next to her cage, one night I was playing video games on my computer. She goes "whatcha doin?" and I say im playing games (which usually she is on my shoulder while I do, but it was bedtime for her). I've only ever heard her say this ONE time but she said "without me?!!?!?" which was insane!

She also laughs when people die on TV, every time

She says yeah or no all the time when we ask her things (her no's are so cute) (not usually the right answer, but she does it and thats all that counts)

There's a lot she says that you cant really tell what she's saying, but she has a starbucks cup she stole from me on top of her cage that she likes to stick her head in and go "melmelmelmelmel?!" in

hertzchasi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Parrotdad
Bacon
Man I wish I could have, he definitely deserved one!! :roflmao:

I’ve seen YouTube videos of people getting their budgies to talk when they were flock raised, you just have to say it all the time like it’s your flock call and eventually they’ll say it. I think Phoenix is more likely to copy whatever I say since I’m basically his mom, but Raijū has started copying what I say repeatedly (Peekaboo, pretty bird, bacon pancake, and my laugh :roflmao:)

Honestly I say some of those so much, especially bacon pancake, to where I’ll start saying it when the birds aren’t even around. I may be crazy:rofl:
bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon..... PANCAKE!!!!!!!.....lmao

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Both of my budgies say "millet." :lol: Sprite also says "yeah." Our conversations usually go like this:
Budgies: "Millet! Millet! Millet! Millet! Millet!"
Me: "Budgies, do you want some millet?"
Sprite: "Yeah!"

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
Bourke's aren't known as talkers/mimics. However, they did come to me with a contact call that sounds like "miss you"or "bless you."

While "bless you" would be more situationally relevant (I sneeze a lot) I've decided it's "miss you" so I say, "miss you, too" back at them, even though I'm usually right there. :cool:

hertzchasi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Parrotdad
Man I wish I could have, he definitely deserved one!! :roflmao:

I’ve seen YouTube videos of people getting their budgies to talk when they were flock raised, you just have to say it all the time like it’s your flock call and eventually they’ll say it. I think Phoenix is more likely to copy whatever I say since I’m basically his mom, but Raijū has started copying what I say repeatedly (Peekaboo, pretty bird, bacon pancake, and my laugh :roflmao:)

Honestly I say some of those so much, especially bacon pancake, to where I’ll start saying it when the birds aren’t even around. I may be crazy:rofl:

Nice! My senni seems to be afraid of most everything, so I was very surprised that she has no problem going outside and for car rides!

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I'm coming back to this to add some cute things Phoenix and Raiju had said to each other
Raiju was poking Phoenix, and Phoenix said(very loudly) "Be nice to me!!" :roflmao: I always say that whenever Phoenix bites me

Raiju loves to say "You a good boy?? Yes yes you're such a good boy!" over and over again, either to Phoenix, a toy, or to me, whoever he is flirting with at the time :lol:

They both say "Bless you" whenever the other sneezes- they don't say it to me, they just get scared whenever I sneeze :rofl:

Raiju started saying "Peekabooey!" Not sure how that started but now we all say it

Phoenix says "I'm sorry" whenever Raiju gets spooked. Its something I always say to them whenever I accidentally scare them (like when I sneeze :roflmao:)

Not sure if this counts as talking, but they both have this dance they do along with whistling one of the small tunes from Rio. Raiju specifically does this dance and song whenever he successfully knocks Phoenix off a perch or steals his spot, as if its a victory dance :rolleyes:

They are such talkers, but it's so hard to get any of their clear sentences on video! I'm seriously going to invest in one of those pet cams that record constantly