• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cute things your birds do.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
My birds blow me kisses when I walk past their cage at night. My Willow likes to sit up against my face and groom my eyebrows and eyelashes. Or he wants to be up against one hand at the very least.

Jasper says “I love you jasper bird” when excited and sometimes after she has bitten.

My old Quaker, Lucy, used to tell me, “it’s o-cage!” a lot. She also would sing along with me if I was singing or playing music. She sounded like a kazoo.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I could write a mini novel on Elvis-isms. LOL. But one of my favorites is if I bend down with my hand out, he will run across the floor to me as fast as he can, jump on my hand, and give me a kiss.

Cosmo305

Strolling the yard
After Cosmo takes a bath he at first doesn't want to step up to be dried or pet or have interaction But after a few minutes he gets cold and comes to me, gets wrapped up like a burrito and falls asleep.

Attachments

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow likes to be burritos after his bath, too. But I call him obi wan then.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Percy will take baths in my hands, and Merlin would love to just plant his little head under my nose and make birdie/kissy noises 24/7, but I think some of their less affectionate shenanigans are the cutest.

I am trying to go a step further in their training. Lately, I've started indicating their name and then the action ("Merlin! C'Mere!") so they learn that I'm only going to reward the bird I called. Before this, I would work with whichever bird was ready faster/was making good eye contact, really just trying to involve them both without any violence. Merlin is always faster, so he hates this new system, and the way he expresses his disapproval is hilarious.

Yesterday's scene: I called Percy. Merlin landed instead. I set Merlin down and said, "No, Percy!" If Percy doesn't respond after two prompts, I'll switch to Merlin, but this isn't fast enough for the talent. Merlin was squawking, stomping around, landing on my shoulder to pull my hair (his favorite "LOOK AT ME" move, since my haircut), and trying to give me a little nip on my treat-less hand.

At one point, Merlin flew away to sing to the bathroom mirror, which I'm pretty sure is his way of saying, "if you're gonna do me like this I'll be disloyal". :roflmao: Then, after all of two seconds, he realized that this means I'm alone with Percy, gave a piercing shriek of dismay and anger, and came hurtling back, sometimes with a little "bEEbeepBEEBEEBEEE" tantrum.

Merlin's contact call has also changed over the almost two years I've had him-- he has a special, very funny version that goes up in pitch and volume like a teakettle whistle. He uses it when the usual call isn't good enough, or when he's very excited. He'll do it in the morning if I take too long to get up. The pellet bowl is in front of the one part of the cage that isn't covered at night, so he'll stand on the bowl in the early morning light and squeak at me while eating pellets-- it creates the exact impression of someone sitting on a stool a foot away from your bed and making sustained eye contact while munching their bowl of cereal and occasionally shouting "HEY!" with their mouth full. :wacky:

Percy is a simple, sweet (not so) little guy who doesn't want to be involved in this nonsense, so his cute moments are much more understated.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
My last Quaker thought the teakettle was talking to her. It was so funny. Willow Quaker thinks lots of things are scary but is getting ever more loud and theatrical with blowing kisses when he’s supposed to be sleeping.

Willow actually did kisses in front of my neighbors in the elevator today. (Earlier he bit a neighbor who stuck his finger in Willow’s face. Duh.)

Jasper is just a weird little goober. She hangs upside down and flails, trying to grab onto something, when I come near her cage and she wants out.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Percy will take baths in my hands, and Merlin would love to just plant his little head under my nose and make birdie/kissy noises 24/7, but I think some of their less affectionate shenanigans are the cutest.

I am trying to go a step further in their training. Lately, I've started indicating their name and then the action ("Merlin! C'Mere!") so they learn that I'm only going to reward the bird I called. Before this, I would work with whichever bird was ready faster/was making good eye contact, really just trying to involve them both without any violence. Merlin is always faster, so he hates this new system, and the way he expresses his disapproval is hilarious.

Yesterday's scene: I called Percy. Merlin landed instead. I set Merlin down and said, "No, Percy!" If Percy doesn't respond after two prompts, I'll switch to Merlin, but this isn't fast enough for the talent. Merlin was squawking, stomping around, landing on my shoulder to pull my hair (his favorite "LOOK AT ME" move, since my haircut), and trying to give me a little nip on my treat-less hand.

At one point, Merlin flew away to sing to the bathroom mirror, which I'm pretty sure is his way of saying, "if you're gonna do me like this I'll be disloyal". :roflmao: Then, after all of two seconds, he realized that this means I'm alone with Percy, gave a piercing shriek of dismay and anger, and came hurtling back, sometimes with a little "bEEbeepBEEBEEBEEE" tantrum.

Merlin's contact call has also changed over the almost two years I've had him-- he has a special, very funny version that goes up in pitch and volume like a teakettle whistle. He uses it when the usual call isn't good enough, or when he's very excited. He'll do it in the morning if I take too long to get up. The pellet bowl is in front of the one part of the cage that isn't covered at night, so he'll stand on the bowl in the early morning light and squeak at me while eating pellets-- it creates the exact impression of someone sitting on a stool a foot away from your bed and making sustained eye contact while munching their bowl of cereal and occasionally shouting "HEY!" with their mouth full. :wacky:

Percy is a simple, sweet (not so) little guy who doesn't want to be involved in this nonsense, so his cute moments are much more understated.
Omg I just laughed out so loud!! Love to your cuties :heart:

Scorpi0

Sprinting down the street
Sky does this too!
He lives for budgie videos and he'll come up to your phone and start tapping so you play a video for him.
Your baby is so cute!
Oh he loves this video the most. He will actually fly out of his cage and in front of the ipad as soon as I start playing it. He also loves staring at himself on my phone when I put it in selfie mode. Everytime I approach their cage, Chirpie will walk to the edge and look down at my pockets to tell me to pull my phone out hahaha.
Post some pics of your Sky watching tv :)