• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cute things your birds do.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My budgie Chirik will grab my thumb then chatter and bob his head. He will have a proper conversation (unidirectional :lol: ) with my thumb. Rio the conure will start making kissing sounds when you cover his cage, it's so cute that you don't have any option but to open the cage cover:roflmao:

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
She will tell the dogs "no" and "stop" when they bark. More funny than cute... Louise can be a bit cage protective--but if I sing to her while cleaning the cage, she just stands and listens. (I have a terrible singing voice-prob confuses her)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Just being!

Jason my Senegal says "Nevermore "
Russell Peck Boogertoo my Galah (rosebreasted) cockatoo says oops any time I drop something, bump something, make a loud noise etc. He also will say hi and wave his foot if he wants a kiss.

Winn

Jogging around the block
Bijou will give kisses and Angel likes to hang upside down like a bat and attack her shredder toys from the top.

My favorite "bird thing" is what I call their "evening chortle session". Every evening they each choose a perch and softly sing (chortle) together for around 15 minutes to half an hour. They look very relaxed and kind of sleepy while they do it. They always abruptly stop singing all at the same time and then have one last burst of foraging and "zoomies" before bed.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Marzipan will eat millet from my hand. :)

I just wish someone would teach their Amazon to say, “Pieces of eight!”.:roflmao:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I can never catch it on video because it's so quiet, but my cockatiel Tteok says "boop" when I touch something he loves (like a kitchen towel or a toe) to his beak.

Isadora has started pushing her beak against my face (usually right between my eyes) and giving "kisses" - just gently making this clicking noise with her beak. Although right after that she sticks her tongue in my eye so I guess it's cute until it's not :roflmao:

Winn

Jogging around the block
Isadora has started pushing her beak against my face (usually right between my eyes) and giving "kisses" - just gently making this clicking noise with her beak. Although right after that she sticks her tongue in my eye so I guess it's cute until it's not :roflmao:
Thanks...o_O
That made me spew lemonade from my nose. It burns a lot and my dog is looking at me funny...:bored:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Thanks...o_O
That made me spew lemonade from my nose. It burns a lot and my dog is looking at me funny...:bored:
Yeah... It started out with her grooming my eyelashes, and now she tries to stick her tongue in my eyeball and it's a lot less fun. Not sure what behavior it is, but it usually ends with me yelling "MA'AM CAN YOU DON'T"

avian2023

Strolling the yard
my female budgie gives kisses a lot.. with out any food. she bites my nose, cheeks and gentle with my lips.. all along makes this Male budgie very angry and he keeps shouting :) .. this is one of the way i annoy him to the multiple ways he annoys me..

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
my female budgie gives kisses a lot.. with out any food. she bites my nose, cheeks and gentle with my lips.. all along makes this Male budgie very angry and he keeps shouting :) .. this is one of the way i annoy him to the multiple ways he annoys me..
Love it. My budgie now gives kisses with no food either. This video is old

UserAZ

Walking the driveway
I have recently been noticing that when I let the birds out, Little Lemon will head to the couch by the window and play with the blind's string.
Because I am in the bedroom, I tend to get up every few minutes to check and make sure he not get tangled.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
My budgie is not tame, but I think it's soo cute when she hangs upside down from the top of the cage. :xflove:

Edit: Forgot to mention, she also can PERFECTLY mimic my cockatiel's noises, and learned to give kisses by copying him.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
One of my budgies, Oliver, will fly over to me and land on my finger or shoulder to get kisses or just be with me. He’s so cute and it really makes me feel like he loves me when he voluntarily flies over to me. :xflove: