• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cute little babies

Sfillmore1

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my sweet little brood with you guys. The oldest is 4 weeks tomorrow and the littlest (who had a bit of a rough start but is doing fabulous now) is 3 weeks and 1 day.

I'm not sure on genders yet but I am loving their color mutations! Mom is a golden face creamino and dad is a sky blue opaline

Attachments

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Precious babies

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:awww:
Adorable!!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They’re gorgeous!

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my sweet little brood with you guys. The oldest is 4 weeks tomorrow and the littlest (who had a bit of a rough start but is doing fabulous now) is 3 weeks and 1 day.

I'm not sure on genders yet but I am loving their color mutations! Mom is a golden face creamino and dad is a sky blue opaline
AHHHHH they are SOO cute and precious. NEVER enough budgies :)

Sfillmore1

Meeting neighbors
Thank you everyone! I just love these little guys so much! This is my first (and probably only time breeding) and am so happy with my these little ones.
I do have a sun conure and a green cheek that I love as well but budgies are by far my favorite. I just love there busy little personalities

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Very cute! :xflove:
Do you happen to know if mum is a Opaline too?

Sfillmore1

Meeting neighbors
Very cute! :xflove:
Do you happen to know if mum is a Opaline too?
I do not as I she is Ino and I don't know her parents.
My youngest one is developing a completely different feather pattern than the older 3. Am I see mostly white and light grey feathers on the wings with blue only on lower back, belly and tail. Am I right to say this is grey wing recessive pied?
I'm still learning about some of the mutations, I am loving what my pair have surprised me with

Attachments

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I do not as I she is Ino and I don't know her parents.
Are her eyes very red? That last picture makes her eyes out very black (with no eye ring too), btw I am not doubting what you're saying just curious. Photos always made my Albino's eyes black.
If mum is hiding Opaline your babies could be boys or girls, but if she is not hiding it all the Opalines (which I think all the babies are) are girls.
My youngest one is developing a completely different feather pattern than the older 3. Am I see mostly white and light grey feathers on the wings with blue only on lower back, belly and tail. Am I right to say this is grey wing recessive pied?
Still very early for me to be able to make any guesses, but certainly looks pied at this point. And also my above point, I think s/he is Opaline too.

Sfillmore1

Meeting neighbors
Are her eyes very red? That last picture makes her eyes out very black (with no eye ring too), btw I am not doubting what you're saying just curious. Photos always made my Albino's eyes black.
If mum is hiding Opaline your babies could be boys or girls, but if she is not hiding it all the Opalines (which I think all the babies are) are girls.

Still very early for me to be able to make any guesses, but certainly looks pied at this point. And also my above point, I think s/he is Opaline too.
Yes her eyes are very red but hard to catch in certain light with pics. She never developed eye rings either and she is 3 yrs old

Attachments

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Yes her eyes are very red but hard to catch in certain light with pics. She never developed eye rings either and she is 3 yrs old
You had me really baffled for awhile there, saying she had no iris ring! But I think I found why, she is likely spilt for recessive pied :)
Recessive Pied's will never develop an iris ring and will keep black eyes for their entire life.
Birds that are split to recessive pieds will typically not develop iris rings either. On the rare occasion, they may develop an iris ring in just one eye, or have very faint iris rings.

Edit to add: Because Dark Eye Clears have recessive pied in their mutation genetics, this is why they do not develop iris rings.

Sfillmore1

Meeting neighbors
You had me really baffled for awhile there, saying she had no iris ring! But I think I found why, she is likely spilt for recessive pied :)
Wow, thank you for the info! I guess that means that my male is split for recessive pied too if this little one turns out to be a pied! It's so interesting how the different mutations can affect their eyes.