• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cut on birds foot? Not sure what to do plz help

Issa

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Elisa Rodriguez
I recently seen this on my birds foot and I believe it’s a little cut but I never had this happen to me before. What exactly is on my birds foot and what do I do. He’s still acting the same and it’s doesn’t seem to bother him much but I still just want to make sure 6318AC6E-6F8D-4D76-93E1-45599014C729.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I would watch it to make sure it doesn't get worse. My guess is it should heal okay on its own as long as he doesn't pick at it, etc.

@Tiel Feathers ?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It doesn’t t look to bad to me either. Just keep it clean and make sure it doesn’t get worse. Any idea what he could have cut it on? Inspect everything for sharp edges because you don’t want it to happen again.

Issa

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Elisa Rodriguez
I think he cut when he had a night terror,I checked his caged and nothing appears to be sharp or harmful. Would it be ok if I clean the wound with diluted iodine?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
No do not clean it with iodine just plain soap water. Keep a eye on it for signs of infection. Do not put anything on it such as human antibacterial salves.