• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Custom Leg Bands?

Gav

Strolling the yard
Are custom leg bands a thing? With this whole quarantine thing, I'd like to use this time to crack down on some pigeon training for one of my pigeons. She's quite the flier and a bit of an escape artist, so I want to take every precaution I can in case she gets loose. I got her from a rescue shelter and we're certain she was a domestic bird that got loose somehow (or was released for some celebration) and she's escaped me herself a couple times but luckily, and unluckily, she always returns to the ground where I can scoop her up before she takes off again. She has absolutely no survival instincts and I'd just like to make sure she's as safe and secure as possible before I start anything with her. Here's a photo, her name is Toga~

1585690664902.png

It's too late for me to edit my post... so if someone is able to condense these two messages, thank you~

I also wanted to add, does anyone have a recommendation on leashes and harnesses as well? I'd also like her whistle trained because the commands project a lot further than my voice can in case she ends up too far of a distance away, so an idea of a good whistle would be helpful.

Gav

Strolling the yard
Contact L&M bands for the custom band. Not sure about harnesses.
That helps for sure. I'll check them out. If need be, I might be able to get a plastic band and engrave my phone number into it. I should probably see about how to remove her current band first.