• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Custom bird DIAPER -- Requesting

erineliot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erin Eliot
Does anyone here make, or know anyone who makes, custom bird diapers? I have a little bit of a challenge to propose–diapers custom made for a blue bird (or blue bird-sized bird). Any takers? Thank you.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello and welcome!

I don’t know any of our vendors who make diapers for birds and don’t think any of them would. I could be wrong.

Putting a diaper on a bird is not something that most members here would agree with. There is only one company I know of who makes something called a Flyper (I think) which is a combination harness and diaper. You might be able to Google it.

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
Putting a diaper on a bird is not something that most members here would agree with.
Elaborating on that, one of the reasons why is because it can get really damp and gross in the diaper, which can cause infection and other issues. Aside from that, it can be very stressful to the bird, and the bird can chew and ingest parts of the diaper. Of course, it is your decision, however diapers should not be worn for more than 3hrs a day. And take into consideration that pooping is a natural thing for birds, and sometimes we just have to deal with poop on the floor in order to keep out birds healthy and safe.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Do you know about flight suits?
There are companies that make them, you can use disposable pads inside them.
Avian Fashions is one I found. The one I knew years ago, I can't seem to find.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm curious if bird diapers would really work. I'd worry about poop getting on feathers. My past M2 Zane was prone to falling occasionally and if he did so in his cage, he'd sometimes get poop on his feathers. Cake on dry poop isn't the easiest to off feathers let me tell you!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If you know your bird, you can predict it.

There's a set amount of time or a twitch to watch for.

I'm going to jinx myself...... it's been a while since I was the scene of a bird accident.