• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cuddly bird

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I am new here with my Quaker Willow and Meters parrot, Jasper.

Willow is very very snuggly and likes to sit between my face and hand for at least 20 min each day. It’s kind of good for headaches, actually…the beak pressed against my eyelid feels good. Had a migraine yesterday and he kind of helped. Then I went to bed.

i am wondering if anyone else has a very cuddly Quaker. Willow came to me after living with very little contact for seven years. So I don’t understand what he is so cuddly with me but he was like this from the time I picked him up. He to be up against me during the car ride home.

It is very sweet but he’s also quite bashful and has to be encouraged to play with toys. I have been showing him his ball and rainbow links and telling him the colors and he has started to “show me” his toys in return.

anyhow I am glad he’s cuddly because my very old Quaker Lucy was also a love and I missed it so much over the summer with no Quaker. They are just the best birds.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
@Pixiebeak as amazing quakers :heart:

migraines are the worst I really suffer from them hope your feeling better today I always feel drained day after
I’ve found Vicks on temples and neck helps but obviously stay away from your birds and wash off before seeing them

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
my 3 cuddle and purr

Im glad Willow is a comfort and gives you love :heart2:

Probably better put a picture of him in here!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
my 3 cuddle and purr

Im glad Willow is a comfort and gives you love :heart2:

Probably better put a picture of him in here!
Not jealous at all :rolleyes:

although pico had a bath yesterday and enjoyed a good rub in my hands well as long as he was moving my fingers had to stay still or a got shouted at but I am taking it as head scratches:rofl:

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Not jealous at all :rolleyes:

although pico had a bath yesterday and enjoyed a good rub in my hands well as long as he was moving my fingers had to stay still or a got shouted at but I am taking it as head scratches:rofl:
It’s sort of head scratches. Except the head is moving and fingers stay still.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
That thing is a Swan recirculating pet waterer (I think). It’s actually a cat water fountain. I’d been wanting to try one for my birds for a while. It was their BeaksMass present.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow had a stressful bigger bird stalking incident (jasper) yesterday and was very anxious. Today he is so happy and full of cuddles as well as grooming. He has turned from his tail to my cheek and eyelashes. But when he gets really intent he pinches my eyelid or cheek. I wonder what he’s trying to do?