• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cuddling

Basil13

Moving in
Real Name
Taryn
Hello,
My black capped conure loves to cuddle in my hair and snuggle up to my face. It’s so sweet and we love it! However, is this stimulating hormones? Should we allow this to continue? We’ve had her for about three weeks now.
Thanks!

Synth

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Hope
Just watch her behavior I’d say. Right now one of our conures who used to be in my bird room Nayru has to have limited cuddle/pets on the head interaction with me as he is very hormonal and will try to regurgitate for me. Meanwhile the other GCC Astrid is not at all hormonal with pets or cuddling.

Basil13

Moving in
Real Name
Taryn
Just watch her behavior I’d say. Right now one of our conures who used to be in my bird room Nayru has to have limited cuddle/pets on the head interaction with me as he is very hormonal and will try to regurgitate for me. Meanwhile the other GCC Astrid is not at all hormonal with pets or cuddling.
When you say regurgitate do you mean they spit up the food and actually lay it out for you or do they just chew it in their mouth?

Synth

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Hope
When you say regurgitate do you mean they spit up the food and actually lay it out for you or do they just chew it in their mouth?
He does the head bobbing but doesn’t actually try to give the food to me as I do not encourage the behavior. I’m sure YouTube would have a better video of what happens!

Basil13

Moving in
Real Name
Taryn
He does the head bobbing but doesn’t actually try to give the food to me as I do not encourage the behavior. I’m sure YouTube would have a better video of what happens!
Thank you! I’ll have to look out for this behavior.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Remi my cuddle bug I’ve not had hormonal issues yet but he’s still only young just make sure you only tickle head

its cutest thing ever when they lay their backs against your cheek remi not a fan off head tickles he likes to just lean against my cheek or rub his beak against it cuddle up in my neck or under my chin

pips not down for affection he prefers to interact by playing or doing tricks