• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crusty cere

Jan1822

Moving in
Real Name
Janet Young
I noticed this morning that my 13 week cockatiel Charlie has a little bit of crust between his nostrils. Is this anything to be concerned about. He’s taking Bayril antibiotics at the moment prescribed by an avian vet. Photo attached.
Thanks

Attachments

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I noticed this morning that my 13 week cockatiel Charlie has a little bit of crust between his nostrils. Is this anything to be concerned about. He’s taking Bayril antibiotics at the moment prescribed by an avian vet. Photo attached.
Thanks
What are the antibiotics for? The crusty cere or something else?

Edit...Is that a stupid question?

Jan1822

Moving in
Real Name
Janet Young
What are the antibiotics for? The crusty cere or something else?

Edit...Is that a stupid question?
The vet prescribed it because 2 days after I got him he became really quiet and was fluffed up all the time and sleeping loads, also had diarrhoea. He didn’t say What the cause might me. He is still sleeping about 85% of the day but eating and drinking fine.
I was worried because a previous bird I bought from the same breeder died after 7 days with similar symptoms. I think this bird is from the same family as the previous one as they are the same age.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
The vet prescribed it because 2 days after I got him he became really quiet and was fluffed up all the time and sleeping loads, also had diarrhoea. He didn’t say What the cause might me. He is still sleeping about 85% of the day but eating and drinking fine.
I was worried because a previous bird I bought from the same breeder died after 7 days with similar symptoms. I think this bird is from the same family as the previous one as they are the same age.
If there is ever a next time, I would stay clear of that breeder...

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It does look like he bumped into something. Is he flighted? Has he improved since the antibiotics were given? How long have you had him, and did the vet do any tests?

Reactions: Ali

Jan1822

Moving in
Real Name
Janet Young
It does look like he bumped into something. Is he flighted? Has he improved since the antibiotics were given? How long have you had him, and did the vet do any tests?
I’ve had him a week today, he has definitely improved since Monday. The vet has taken samples of his poop. We are waiting for the results.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I’ve had him a week today, he has definitely improved since Monday. The vet has taken samples of his poop. We are waiting for the results.
That's good! Update us when the results are in please!