• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crow with a Yorkshire accent

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Parrots are not the only birds able to mimic! This crow in Knaresborough, England has picked up a Yorkshire accent! I think @Ripshod in particular will get a kick out of this!
:lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:coffeescreen: :rofl: That´s brilliant! :lol:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Is it a crow or a magpie? I thought the magpies were black and white. He's cute no matter which one he/she is.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it a crow or a magpie? I thought the magpies were black and white. He's cute no matter which one he/she is.
I think it is a magpie!
I just looked it up because all the news outlets are saying 'crow'.

Apparently its an African Pied Crow! There is a really interesting article about the woman who trains the crows, she is Her Majesty's Keeper of Ravens at the castle. As there is no consistent difference between crows and ravens she refers to them as ravens.

This woman has several crows, and apparently one of them has an ASBO (antisocial behaviour order) :laughin:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
"One of the ravens, Izabella, is "well known to police sergeant Andy Graham", Skelton tells i. "She feigns injury by lying down in the grass, and as people go to check to see if she's okay, squawks 'what the **** you looking at?' before flying off with their cameras and leaving them on the roof."

Izabella was slapped with an ASBO in 2015."

(edited out her bad language)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
We have tons of them here, and huge difference in size! We also have lots of magpies, which is my book are just crows with tuxedos on. :embarassed:

They are just as mischievous as crows and do not leave anything shiny laying around when any of the 3 species are around. THEY LOVE BLING!! They will take off with it before you have a chance to blink! And I don’t know about you but they fly faster than I can run, so it’s bye bye bling!! :laughing7:

ps a bird store in Vancouver where we used to get our supplies had beautiful parrots and every one of them said HELLO in a Korean accent. Grandma looked after the birds and talked and played with them all day long. :heart:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness - Ravens and crows are quite different. Here is how they are different.

After some research, it appears the African Pied Crow is quite interesting:

"This handsome bird is an adult African pied crow, Corvus albus, a corvid that is actually a crow-sized raven."

"Structurally, the pied crow is better thought of as a small crow-sized raven, especially as it can hybridise with the Somali crow (dwarf raven) where their ranges meet in the Horn of Africa. Its behaviour, though, is more typical of the Eurasian carrion crows, and it may be a modern link (along with the Somali crow) between the Eurasian crows and the common raven."

That's from this link and Wikipedia, but to be honest I don't seem to find much beyond those two. Most likely as "Keeper of the Ravens" calling this guy a Raven fits better with her role!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
They keep the raven in the royal grounds & have for a long time...So whatever they have they have been breeding them.

Looks like the ones we have in Australia...

I love crows...have not seen many ravens & we have them in Australia by my parents with white

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That particular species has occasionally debuted in commercials! :) And yup! Crows!

I loved that commercial & was just thinking of it. :roflmao:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
That's great! I saw a video of some kind of parrot and it lived in Australia so it had an Australian accent when it spoke English, which duh, of course it did, but until then I never thought about a bird adopting the accent of their human. Also, I have 3 tattoos of ravens and several photographs on my walls of ravens so I guess you can say I really like corvids :wacky: they're supposed to be awful to keep as pets because they get in to everything and are little trouble makers hahaha but I can happily admire their gorgeous jet blackness from afar.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I just looked it up because all the news outlets are saying 'crow'.

Apparently its an African Pied Crow! There is a really interesting article about the woman who trains the crows, she is Her Majesty's Keeper of Ravens at the castle. As there is no consistent difference between crows and ravens she refers to them as ravens.

This woman has several crows, and apparently one of them has an ASBO (antisocial behaviour order) :laughin:
"One of the ravens, Izabella, is "well known to police sergeant Andy Graham", Skelton tells i. "She feigns injury by lying down in the grass, and as people go to check to see if she's okay, squawks 'what the **** you looking at?' before flying off with their cameras and leaving them on the roof."

Izabella was slapped with an ASBO in 2015."

(edited out her bad language)
They keep the raven in the royal grounds & have for a long time...So whatever they have they have been breeding them.

Looks like the ones we have in Australia...

I love crows...have not seen many ravens & we have them in Australia by my parents with white

The ravens in the Tower of London are kept on purpose - I believe legend says that when there are no longer any ravens the Tower will fall. The ravens

Rats! I wish I'd known about ASBO when I was still working :madwife:- it would be a great reason to tell certain idiotic coworkers what you think and then claim ASBO. :shake::sissfgt::shake::slapfight: