• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cross Your Fingers For Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I know, I'm so bad. Truth is, I've already got my heart set on these girls. :(

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I got a response from the rescue. It looks like the next transport to MN is going to be April 16th. It just so happens that my dad is out of town that week. :rofl:

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
Welcome home little rat girls, LOL!!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Welcome home little rat girls, LOL!!
:hehe:
I wonder how long or if he will notice they are here? :lol:
I would like him to know and give me permission but it just seems like he has no reason to say no. It's not going to effect him at all! :(

Lex123

Just put them somewhere he will never look, like in the laundry room, LOL!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Just put them somewhere he will never look, like in the laundry room, LOL!
They'll be in my room for sure. Just like Fray. If he didn't notice a hamster for a year, I wonder how long it will take him to notice the rats? :rolleyes:
Maybe I'll just come out with them on my shoulder a few months after I get them and say "remember, you said I could have them". :lol:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I hope he does think about it! I know how frustrated you must be - my parents are the same way. I want rats sooo bad but my parents will NOT let me.. There is this poor little girlie on kijiji right now with a fabulous cage, and her owners want to get rid of her because their cat got her companion and they're scared it'll get her, too, but my parents won't let me. I feel the same way - it doesn't effect them - why should they care? She'd be living in my room, i'd be paying for everything it needs.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I hope he does think about it! I know how frustrated you must be - my parents are the same way. I want rats sooo bad but my parents will NOT let me.. There is this poor little girlie on kijiji right now with a fabulous cage, and her owners want to get rid of her because their cat got her companion and they're scared it'll get her, too, but my parents won't let me. I feel the same way - it doesn't effect them - why should they care? She'd be living in my room, i'd be paying for everything it needs.
Exactly! It is so frustrating. I understand that he doesn't want a zoo in his house, but to me 2 rats and 4 small birds does not make a zoo! :hehe:

Justina

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Justina
This reminds me of my cousin.. When we were younger she got pet rats without telling her mom. One day, one of them got loose while my cousin was at school. Her mom saw it and called an exterminator. When he got there. He found it and my aunt was mighty upset when he said they were pet rats! Thankfully nothing happened to the rat, but my cousin had to get rid of it

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I don't think my dad would make me get rid of them. He'd just be mad for a while.
When I got Winslow, my old rat, I had promised him that it was going to be a classroom pet at my school and that I was just going to keep him for the rest of the summer. Needless to say, I ended up keeping him. LOL

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
He hasn't said no yet. There is still a chance it will all work out without being sneaky which is what I would prefer.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I've thought about it and decided that I will not get rats if he says no. I would love them, but I don't want to have to sneak them in the house and worry about him finding out. So I'm still crossing my fingers, but I'm not sure what he's going to say. He seemed hesitant earlier and might want to wait until after my birthday (on Sunday) to make a decision. I'm going to wait awhile before bringing it up again.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I've thought about it and decided that I will not get rats if he says no. I would love them, but I don't want to have to sneak them in the house and worry about him finding out. So I'm still crossing my fingers, but I'm not sure what he's going to say. He seemed hesitant earlier and might want to wait until after my birthday (on Sunday) to make a decision. I'm going to wait awhile before bringing it up again.
I know it was tempting, especially after the hampster, but I am proud of you for not sneaking them in :thumbsup:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
good decision Allison, if you sneak them in after he says no then you are breaking the trust he has in you.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I am proud of you also- I would feel guilty if I did that, haha (like you probably would). I hope it works for you, I want a pet rat, but will have to wait until my life gets less busy, to get one, hehe!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Thanks guys. I just thought, I don't really "need" rats. I just want them. So if he says no, it's not the end of the world. I still have my birds to take care of.

Lex123

Thanks guys. I just thought, I don't really "need" rats. I just want them. So if he says no, it's not the end of the world. I still have my birds to take care of.
Good desicion..........but I hope he says yes, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.