• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crooked feather

Archer90

Meeting neighbors
Hey, today after Bath i noticed my parrot has Crooked feather. He tried to put it under other feathers but it is going outside again and again. How bad is it for him? Should i do something with it? Or even can i do something by myself? He is flying normally from what i saw.

Attachments

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What a cutie!
It is doesnt seem to bother him, then I do nothing. If it seems painful (picking/pulling at it- seems in distress overall) then you can take further action. But for now, just wait and see IMO.

Archer90

Meeting neighbors
Ty! Well he is trying to put it on place, but it is going out. I will see how it will be. If it will be bad i will update.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I have never cut those feathers.
And some has been like that for weeks.
I don't like the sharp edges from a cut, that's why I think it's better to leave it.
They fix them themselves, that is my experience. :)

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Olive was a mill bird (rescued), and upon second veterinary examination (quite tramatic, for everyone involved as he was then healthy after a few months of intensive care- and went for blood- nightmare mill breeders ugh). But upon releasing into the enclosure again, he had this feather ajar-

It doesnt bother him. It will more than likely stick around till he molts again, or he does what he needs too. In which case, I keep a close eye- I care a lot for the wild little monkey. (note I know about his toenails- too long. When i got them, they had grown full circle... so its a more mild trim as the quick needs to recede after each cut- and this little guy bites like a baby tiger!).

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 4.12.09 PM.png

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
All my birds have gotten a wonky feather from time to time. They resolve it on their own :)