• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Criton Cockatoo

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Also, I don't think UPS, actually delivers like animals, other than reptiles and fish.
I used USPS, rather than UPS.

UPS lists "Birds (all)" on their Prohibited Animals list. In contrast, USPS allows shipment of day old poultry and live adult birds, as long as you provide appropriate packaging, which includes food, water, and perches inside the animal carrier and follow all the rules.

Reactions: Ali

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
I used USPS, rather than UPS.

UPS lists "Birds (all)" on their Prohibited Animals list. In contrast, USPS allows shipment of day old poultry and live adult birds, as long as you provide appropriate packaging, which includes food, water, and perches inside the animal carrier and follow all the rules.
What do they consider an adult bird? Is it when they're weaned?

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
What do they consider an adult bird? Is it when they're weaned?

They don't open the container, so I think it is whatever you label as "adult bird"

That being said, the rules are clear that you need to provide for the bird's minimum requirements while they are in transit. I don't think leaving a syringe of hand feeding formula in the box would meet the standards.

Last edited:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Maxi Parrots may be a scam site. It was registered in 2018, maybe from Panama.
I couldn't find a physical address for them.
Be very careful if you want to try them out.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Maxi Parrots is almost certainly a scammer's site. None of the vendors in the MAP site can be adequately checked out. Prices are too good to be true so probably aren't. No physical address in the USA. Totally unbelievable that they ship bird, cage and toys.

Like PT Barnum said - "A fool is born every minute."

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's definitely a scam site. Some of the testimonials are found on other websites. Here are some complaints about this scammer:

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Yes based on a comparison of the information on the websites. They've made a few changes but the information about shipping and their background is the same.
Could it not be that it is genuine and it was copied by maxi parrots?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No...it's a scam site. Major Mitchell's cockatoo $1200....haha.
Another fake is Gray Breeders Foundation, selling Hyacinth macaws for $1500.
Gray Breeders Foundation Check out the services they offer. :roflmao:
Then there is the photo of the Sphynx cat. :D

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Why take the risk? Especially when the most suspicious thing after the to-good-to-be-true price is the shipping method which these two appear to have in common. And why buy from a possible scammer when there are so very many birds in need of a good home at rescuers... Not to mention the reputable breeders that exist is many regions?

I guess if you're personally rich enough to flush more than $1000 and be ok with getting nothing or a nearly-dead bird in return, then go for it. But perhaps don't encourage others who might not have the same amount of resources and be able to shrug off such an expensive bad choice.

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
It was called Maxi-Parrots. They were selling umbrella, citron, and major mitchell's all less than 1300, which included a cage, food, and a manual. They also sold macaws, amazons, and african greys for a similar price

You can visit their location so maybe that is the way to go. You are right about the prices, they are practically giving their birds away.

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
I contacted the Federation, and it seems that you can buy a membership for your company/business for $125. I do hope that Maxi-Parrots are legit, but I'm skeptical

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
Another site to maybe look out for is CheapMacaws. They are selling cockatoos for $1500 and less, and they also offer free shipping.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Another site to maybe look out for is CheapMacaws. They are selling cockatoos for $1500 and less, and they also offer free shipping.
A website with the name "Cheapmacaws" is a MASSIVE green flag for me. To me it shows that, if they were legit, they don't really care. I would expect a true breeder to have a much better name, with higher prices to match. I don't think these people are legit.I

Please, please, please be careful buying anything online. Also, you are much better looking for a true breeder and visiting them.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Free shipping on parrots is a big red flag. Since it costs a few hundred dollars, it is very unlikely to be free.