• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Criton Cockatoo

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
Hello, guys. I was doing some research on all the different types of bird species, and I stumbled across a "Critron Cockatoo". I was wondering if anyone here has one, or know what they're like.

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Welcome to AA!
:starshower: :starshower: :starshower: :starshower:
Did you mean citron cockatoo?
If so, here's an interesting read.

edit fixed link

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If you live in the United States, they might not be easy to find as they can not be sold across state lines.

Reactions: Ali

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
If you live in the United States, they might not be easy to find as they can not be sold across state lines.
Really? I’m a little skeptical of this one place claiming to be able to ship them now.

Welcome to AA!
:starshower: :starshower: :starshower: :starshower:
Did you mean citron cockatoo?
If so, here's an interesting read.

edit fixed link
Yes I did. Thank you for the link

Does anyone know how galahs compare to goffin cockatoos?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
They were claiming that they could even ship straight to your house, so that' another red flag. I'll check out the two threads you linked.
Why is this a red flag?

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
It would be no good having your bird shipped half way and having to pick them up?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Why is this a red flag?
Since parrots are not shipped through the mail, you go to your local airport to pick them up.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
That's stupud.

What company are you looking at as we have a thread about most of the bird scam sites there are

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
That's stupud.

What company are you looking at as we have a thread about most of the bird scam sites there are
It was called Maxi-Parrots. They were selling umbrella, citron, and major mitchell's all less than 1300, which included a cage, food, and a manual. They also sold macaws, amazons, and african greys for a similar price

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
It says they are part of some federation. Contact the federation and ask about them as a breeder and see what they said

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
It would be no good having your bird shipped half way and having to pick them up?
When I received my finches via US postal service, they were held at the nearest post office for pickup. This is recommended for live animal shipments, so the package is not left out in the sun for hours or something worse. Direct-to-house shipment is not as safe, even if a signature is required, since the bird could end up spending extra days being driven around in a delivery truck, waiting for you to be home when the delivery arrives.

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
It says they are part of some federation. Contact the federation and ask about them as a breeder and see what they said
I'll try. I don't know what the federation's contact information is, though.

When I received my finches via US postal service, they were held at the nearest post office for pickup. This is recommended for live animal shipments, so the package is not left out in the sun for hours or something worse. Direct-to-house shipment is not as safe, even if a signature is required, since the bird could end up spending extra days being driven around in a delivery truck, waiting for you to be home when the delivery arrives.
Also, I don't think UPS, actually delivers like animals, other than reptiles and fish.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Can't you just have a delivery slot. Also, can't they use an animal courier. My frogs came by courier (not really by choice, just you can't get them anywhere near here

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
I'll try, but I don't know the "federation's" contact information.
Also, I don't think UPS, actually delivers like animals, other than reptiles and fish.

Ziekenzie

Walking the driveway
Can't you just have a delivery slot. Also, can't they use an animal courier. My frogs came by courier (not really by choice, just you can't get them anywhere near here
I don't know about other countries, but in the US, it is illegal to ship most live animals in the mail. Reptiles, amphibians, etc. seem to be fine.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I don't know about other countries, but in the US, it is illegal to ship most live animals in the mail. Reptiles, amphibians, etc. seem to be fine.
I don't mean via mail. Here with have specilist couriers that are for live animals ONLY