• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crimson bellied conure

daizedoo

Meeting neighbors
I have to ship :( I'm in California

I like the idea of a customized perch, I will check it out. I have an A&E elegant flight cage, the smaller one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S4WQU0

She is DNA testing this week, and should be weaned in 5-6 weeks. Not sure if she would keep it longer since it's being shipped.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw it will be ok,parrots are shipped all over the world every day and everything is fine.
Ooh so they are just little bubs right now,how exciting to get to watch him or her grow up.
It never hurts to ask she kept Tobias for me an extra month so we would be able to meet in person to get him vs having to ship him. I'm so grateful to her for that.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure if it's something you could/would do. But I know some folks will fly themselves meet the breeder and then fly back with the baby in a carrier under the seat in the cabin vs having the baby shipped in cargo alone.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I put a deposit down on a pearly baby :geek: it's getting real now.

Going to look now for cage accessories. Other than toys, any must haves?
Has she sent you pics yet of your little one?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
April - so she just happened to have two crimsons hatching. I changed my deposit over to one of them lol. So, back to CBC I go!
Yay! Omg this is so exciting!! I can't wait to see pics of your little one!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Platform perch is a must. rio has 2 with the bark attached...actually he pruned the bark off of 1 of them.

CoriDJ

Sitting on the front steps
I put a deposit down on a pearly baby :geek: it's getting real now.

Going to look now for cage accessories. Other than toys, any must haves?
So exciting! I just put a deposit as well! Who did you buy from? When does your baby come home?

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Welcome to the soon to be new Crimsons on AA...Pearlies are cute too.

Took this yesterday of his highness Rio on one of his platforms...Celebrated surviving 8 years with the lil sinker on Thanksgiving.:pinklol:

He has 2 legs but he likes to hold on to the bars. You can see he has an open stainless bracelet.

P1000909 (2) Rio platform 8 yr res.JPG

Last edited:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to the soon to be new Crimsons on AA...Pearlies are cute too.

Took this yesterday of his highness Rio on one of his platforms...Celebrated surviving 8 years with the lil sinker on Thanksgiving.:pinklol:

He has 2 legs but he likes to hold on to the bars. You can see he has an open stainless bracelet.

View attachment 398099
Rio! Oh my goodness your just so handsome. Man you get the best pics of him in his cage. Every time I try with Tobias he runs at me as soon as I open the door :roflmao: so no chance for lovely pics on a perch like that. Happy 8th Gotcha day Rio! :heart:

CoriDJ

Sitting on the front steps
Rio is so cute!!! Buying a flight cage today and platform perches today while cyber Monday is going on. Looking at toys as well.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
April - so she just happened to have two crimsons hatching. I changed my deposit over to one of them lol. So, back to CBC I go!
I think she posted pics of your baby! Omg such cute little nuggets :heart:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Rio! Oh my goodness your just so handsome. Man you get the best pics of him in his cage. Every time I try with Tobias he runs at me as soon as I open the door :roflmao: so no chance for lovely pics on a perch like that. Happy 8th Gotcha day Rio! :heart:
Rio is afraid of hands. Got him as an adult & he has always has issues with that. I've accepted it. He still has his own ways of showing affection.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any updates on your little one?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So .... you may have seen she posted a 6mo crimson she was looking to rehome. We jumped the gun, and Lily will be here this weekend :wideyed:
Yay! I did see that about Lilly! She was Tobias's cagemate! I actually saw her when I got Tobias! This is so exciting! I can't wait to watch her grow up as well! :heart: