• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cremation

tatiana667

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
tatiana
Was Curious i wana cremate my girl when she passes out and i found realy intresting urns
Do anyone knows if someone does custom stuff like that for birds? personaly could not find

Last edited by a moderator:

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any vet that does cremation should be able to offer urns & do the cremation. Keep in mind it's not cheap.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You can do group cremation, which is cheaper. They scatter the ashes at a pet cemetery.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’ve had two pets cremated and sent home in a pretty wooden box of my choice, the cremation company had a few statues and trinket type containers on offer and other more custom urns/containers could be discussed- I didn’t discuss custom urns so I can’t offer more information sorry. You can ask your vet who they use for cremation and work out urn details and options with the company doing the cremating.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have always buried.

You could check Etsy. Some people do some cool stuff using the ashes to make necklaces or statues.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got both of my Greenie girls lovely matching light oak wooden urns with an option to be able to put their pictures on the front. The crematorium that your vet office uses should have a book or a website you can visit to chose one of your choice. There is also many custom ones on etsy or other similar sites to go even more custom.

tatiana667

Real Name
tatiana
Ok link removed By moderator Fair Enough I found real cool urns for dogs with custom figures with different dog breeds even in metal i think was looking for something like that just with

budgerigar instead anyway thank everyone for sugestions

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I don’t see any reason that you couldn’t have a particular statue/ornament type vessel of your choosing to have your ashes placed in.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ok link removed By moderator Fair Enough I found real cool urns for dogs with custom figures with different dog breeds even in metal i think was looking for something like that just with

budgerigar instead anyway thank everyone for sugestions
Contact the company and ask if they have or can make a bird urn?

With 3D printers being so accessible to so many you’d probably find that it’s easy enough to have a 3D model printed then casted to make a bird urn if there aren’t already bird ones.

tatiana667

Real Name
tatiana
Thank you i send email to them will see what they say my thinking was if they dont have them on site maby they dont have that at all but who knows
Im not in a rush for now but life is fragile so who knows how much time you have