• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Creating my own toy

Willzan

Moving in
Real Name
William Fransson
Hi there parrotlovers!

Im thinking of creating a net to hang on the wall for my birds, i found this piece of rope that is about 20 meters long. I was wondering if i could buy that and build my own net to hang on the wall along with some Wood to kind of keep it all togheter and for them to bite on aswell. But now to my question, should i be aware of any rope type or something like that? The rope im thinking of buying is like a rope for boats, i will attatch a file so you can see what i mean.

Does anyone else have any experience of this or maybe have something like it? Or you can just share any other tips of toys that will activate my birds and keep them busy?

Thanks in advance.
W

Attachments

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hi,
This looks fine to me, as long as you are certain it is all natural and not treated with anything. I bought a very similar rope myself, it was a monkey hand sold as a dog toy to begin with, and of course my birds were afraid of it, so I untied the knot and use the rope for them to climb on.

20190906_145213.jpg 20190831_161734.jpg

Willzan

Moving in
Real Name
William Fransson
Looks good! It doesnt seems like is treated or anything but all natural. So ill guess ill give it a try. Thanks!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks good! It doesnt seems like is treated or anything but all natural. So ill guess ill give it a try. Thanks!
This may sound dumb but I'm serious...

Smell it. It should smell like the earth or like nothing. If it smells like chemicals, you might not want to use it.

I'm gonna tag one of our vendors as she's gotta wee little bit of rope experience, she may have a few other suggestions.

@Macawnutz

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Looks like cotton but has a funny color. What kind of rope is it?
the one I have feels like cotton too. doesn't smell anything and since it was meant as a toy for dogs, I don't think it has been treated with anything.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra