• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crazy Nanday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck training bird aggression out of their birds?

I have a Nanday who loves people, anyone, but wants to attack all other birds. He will get off of his cage screaming "mine" and go after any bird in the house, it doesn't matter how big and scary the other bird might be. He wants their toys, their food, or wants them away from me, and if getting these things from them isn't an issue it appears the other birds very right to existance is in question. (In his mind anyways)

I have to lock him in his cage to let other birds out to play, and I wish I didn't have to do that. I feel pretty bad for him but so far it is the only way to keep him safe.

Any ideas?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
How long have you had him? And how long has he been around the other birds?

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
I took him in about 6 months ago, he was from a kid who got him from a bird mill, and was taken away from parents and other birds at 2 weeks old, so he was never around other birds (not really) before coming here. He is about a year old now.

He has zero birdie social skills....people love him, he will play and cuddle with anyone who comes through my doors. I just wish I could give him some play/flock time in the bird room with the other birds. He doesn't eve know how to interact with other conures-not even other nanday conures.

Status
Not open for further replies.