• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Covering Electrical Cords

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
Emery is way too interested in electrical cords. She has never been able to chew them, because I watch her very closely. That said, I still didn't feel comfortable with how close she was getting to them sometimes, as she's extremely persistent and fast when she really wants something. In case anyone wants something to cover their electrical cords, I found these on Amazon and recently purchased them to cover all of the electrical cords that Emery could possibly access. She can't even chew these as they're too big for her beak, thankfully. This is the Amazon link. :)
Screenshot_20200703-114744_Amazon Shopping.png

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That´s a good idea :)

An option for larger beaks is PVC pipes (I think it was Michelle I saw recommending this recently as a cable cover)

edit; Sorry, it was Andreas suggestion :)

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
That´s a good idea :)

An option for larger beaks is PVC pipes (I think it was Michelle I saw recommending this recently as a cable cover)

edit; Sorry, it was Andreas suggestion :)
I'm glad you brought that up, because these definitely would not be great for larger beaks. They're thick enough for small birds, but a large beak would go right through them.

Reactions: Ali

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
This is great, I wonder if they would stand up to African Greys? Mine also goes towards them sometimes and I stop him before anything happens but and extra barrier wouldn't hurt.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
This is great, I wonder if they would stand up to African Greys? Mine also goes towards them sometimes and I stop him before anything happens but and extra barrier wouldn't hurt.
I have seen thicker versions of these in DIY shops and online. Maybe those would work as these may be a bit too thin to stand up to a grey

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
If you got a thicker version, like @Ali and @Zara said, I think that would probably be better. I remember how our Amazon parrot chewed through things, and he wasn't that far off from a grey-sized beak, so I think you would probably need something thicker for a Grey. :)