• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Coupled Conure Cages

T c

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
T c
I have two conures and I was advised to keep them in the same cage together and get a larger cage. Any recommendations for a cage that will be fit for two? I can afford around $350 max.

Also, have any of you built PVC play gyms before and want to share pics/ideas?

Thanks!

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is smaller then what your probably looking for but my four don't spend much time in their cage but we bought just in case there was a problem when we introduced a new flock member.

Everyone got along for about a year but fights started and we had to separate.

I would suggest a large double flight cage that has a removable partition that can be put back in place in the event they don't get along down the line.

We are getting a side by side double next year but the larger ones that we like are not in stock.

As for the PVC playstand, I would look in the DIY section or their are vendors here that make them
(Both PVC and natural if you change your mind)

avian-adventures-multi-vista-cage-cage-avian-adventures_1000x.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I too would suggest a double flight cage the divider will be a big help if it's ever needed and if not it's a large cage to be able to add lots of toys,perches and flying space.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I should included it's an Avian Adventure multi vista cage, we got on sale for $329.00 but the price has risen for the few stores that have it in stock.

Reactions: T c

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I have loved my A&E double flight with removable divider, but unfortunately, they are out of stock on most site I've looked at lately.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have loved my A&E double flight with removable divider, but unfortunately, they are out of stock on most site I've looked at lately.
That's what we were looking at, we have found in stock but shipping to Hawaii makes it cost prohibitive for us. If Amazon gets back in stock with free shipping, we will scoop it up.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
That's what we were looking at, we have found in stock but shipping to Hawaii makes it cost prohibitive for us. If Amazon gets back in stock with free shipping, we will scoop it up.
Yes, it has been a great cage so far, I've had it for over a year and no complaints at all about it, I hope to get another one eventually for my two budgie pairs.

T c

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
T c
Is there anything that makes A&E superior to the pawhut one? I see the same cage by pawhut in stock.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I made a pvc playgym for my conure here is the link to the thread.

Reactions: T c

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Is there anything that makes A&E superior to the pawhut one? I see the same cage by pawhut in stock.
I am not familiar with the pawhut brand, so I am not sure. I would just read reviews and see what information you can find on it. Maybe someone else on here has experience with this brand?