• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Could be chocolate injested?!

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
Joined
7/10/20
Messages
487
Location
US
Percy was biting my fingernails, when I realized there was chocolate underneath them. I can’t remember how much there was or which finger it was, but I’m still concerned. Anything I can do to make sure he’s not sick?
 

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Joined
8/9/11
Messages
40,578
Location
Northern Mitten Michigan
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Just monitor, but unless it was pure, dark chocolate, the amounts under your nails is very unlikely to make him sick
 

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Joined
10/20/12
Messages
9,302
Location
Portland Oregon
Real Name
Terry
I'd say the same, no matter what the amount he may have taken in is minuscule and he should be fine.
 
Top