• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Could a wasp sting cause neurological signs?

Emmet

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emmet
Last March, I lost my beloved budgie Kokomo after he developed a neurologic head tilt. We tried treating him with antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and an antifungal to see if we could knock out whatever it was, but unfortunately, the medicine did no good and he died a week after the onset of the head tilt.

Then, recently, I cleared out my room so it could be painted. Behind the dresser that Kokomo’s cage rested on, there was a dead wasp. I don’t know how long it had been there, or how it even got there. Could it have been the cause of Kokomo’s death?

It’s all speculation at this point, since he’s been gone over a year now and we didn’t go for a necropsy. It could’ve been anything. He was 5, so although he wasn’t exceptionally old, he wasn’t young either. But I can’t get that darn wasp out of my head and wonder if it had anything to do with his death.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know that anyone could know so long after the fact whether or not the two events were related.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m very sorry for your loss :(