• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cotton candy grapes

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Have you guys ( humans) ever tried these? They are amazing!

I was thinking about letting Blu try one but I'm very reluctant because I have a feeling once he tastes one his pallete will forever be ruined because they're so extremely sweet that regular grapes will never be good enough....and cotton candy grape season is only a few weeks long each summer.

Has your bird ever had them?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't usually feed grapes in general - mostly because they never eat the skin and that's where all the goodies are! But I haven't tried the cotton candy grapes myself, either :)

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I've never even heard of them! Will keep my eyes open for them though. They sound yummy!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I don't usually feed grapes in general - mostly because they never eat the skin and that's where all the goodies are! But I haven't tried the cotton candy grapes myself, either :)
I learned something new, thank you! I had no idea the skin was the healthiest part! Blu mostly eats the guts but he does eat the skin sometimes too.

I've never even heard of them! Will keep my eyes open for them though. They sound yummy!
You should definitely try them if you can find them! They taste just like cotton candy! It's hard to believe that they are genuine fruit & not candy!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You're opening a can of worms. You can't crave something you've never had.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
You're opening a can of worms. You can't crave something you've never had.
I totally agree! I will be selfish and keep them all to myself! :p

I've given them to my birds, who seem to like them about as much as a normal grape.
That's great! I'm kind of afraid to let Blu try them because sometimes he's picky and I try not to let him taste stuff that's too good because he then won't eat blander stuff. lol

We have them here and they are amazing and super expensive, but had to try them.
Yes, they're a bit more expensive but so worth it. I bought 4 pounds yesterday because I know they sell out fast.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

Unless you but organic grapes the skin is also where most of the pesticides are located. I don't eat think skinned fruit any more. Organic fruit is pretty rare in the local stores where I live. Can you post of photo of them please?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Unless you but organic grapes the skin is also where most of the pesticides are located. I don't eat think skinned fruit any more. Organic fruit is pretty rare in the local stores where I live. Can you post of photo of them please?
I will take a pic when I get home!

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Have you guys ( humans) ever tried these? They are amazing!

I was thinking about letting Blu try one but I'm very reluctant because I have a feeling once he tastes one his pallete will forever be ruined because they're so extremely sweet that regular grapes will never be good enough....and cotton candy grape season is only a few weeks long each summer.

Has your bird ever had them?
I’ve always wanted to try those!! Luckyyy

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh wow! That is alot! I think I paid $3.99 a pound

I know its only a $1/lb difference but I would have been able to justify the $3.99 a bit more :lol:

We ended up instead buying some Rambutans as we've never tried them and never seen them! Now to work on opening them!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I know its only a $1/lb difference but I would have been able to justify the $3.99 a bit more :lol:

We ended up instead buying some Rambutans as we've never tried them and never seen them! Now to work on opening them!

I hear ya! $4.99 a pound for grapes is a lot! Even $3.99 is a lot! I guess if the store you went to today can get away with it- why not? I'm sure someone will buy them. :wacky:

I've never heard of a Rambuten. I think I've seen them before but had no clue what they are.

Please let us know what you think of them! Might be my next produce adventure :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I hear ya! $4.99 a pound for grapes is a lot! Even $3.99 is a lot! I guess if the store you went to today can get away with it- why not? I'm sure someone will buy them. :wacky:

I've never heard of a Rambuten. I think I've seen them before but had no clue what they are.

Please let us know what you think of them! Might be my next produce adventure :)

We just tried them! It reminds me a lot of a grape in taste and texture actually lol. A lot easier to get into and eat than I was expecting, too!