• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cori update: one small step for a little budgie, one giant leap for trust-building

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
That's great to hear! Peridot still refuses to eat from hands, but randomly started stepping onto fingers a few months ago. Glad to hear about little Cori :)

MaggieBee

Meeting neighbors
I'm sure Peridot will get there! You caught him in a much more traumatic situation than I got Cori (I mean, he DID get snatched by my dog under the bird feeder, but he was clearly healthy and unharmed) and I'm guessing the crop infection required a few less than pleasant interactions. He's probably very nervous about food because he's gone without.

(Keep me updated! It's so fun to find a fellow "accidental" bird parent :bluhug:)

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's great to see! What a brave little budgie :)

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
Look!!! LooklooklookLOOK:

I'M V I B R A T I N G WITH EXCITEMENT

After he was full he stood perched for like 20 minutes more. Fluffed up and everything! My arm hurts, but it was worth it :joyful:

@tka @Dorcas George @Monica @Ulis_Beast
Oh that is wonderful!!! Hooray! :excited2:I’m still waiting (11 months for Packer and 6 for Frost) for either of my boys to stay on me after the seeds are gone. :crycry2: I’m happy for you. And I:heart: those bright colors! He’s so vivid!

MaggieBee

Meeting neighbors
Oh that is wonderful!!! Hooray! :excited2:I’m still waiting (11 months for Packer and 6 for Frost) for either of my boys to stay on me after the seeds are gone. :crycry2: I’m happy for you. And I:heart: those bright colors! He’s so vivid!
In the meantime I've managed to have him eat straight from my hand! Bonding seems to be fits and starts, you never know when progress is gonna happen, then it happens all at once.

Ya, he looks like he got into a fight with a pair of highlighters and lost.