• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cora's stand all set up

PrinceMonroe

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Monroe

It's a small stand, but I have a small apartment. I've already rearranged it a little from this picture, and I'll probably rearrange it again, but the toys on it are the same. Most of the smaller toys I bought for her are on the stand so I'll be able to watch her while she plays and remove them if I have to. A few of them had really flimsy bells that I could crush/snap off with almost no effort, so I took the bells off. I've also ordered a wood branch perch to attach to that thin top bar because some people had said that their birds liked to stand on it but it was too thin for them to grip it very well. There was originally a swing where the boing is, but it's too small for her so I didn't use it.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That looks great no matter how you arrange it! :D You could also wrap that top bar in some kind of rope or fabric to give it more width and padding.

Nice job. :tup: I'd like to see some "action shots" too if she's not camera shy. :xflove:

PrinceMonroe

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Monroe
soon! She's not supposed to come home until november (she's being abundance weaned so it'll take a bit longer) but perhaps I'll get lucky and she'll take to solids earlier than expected.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh, the anticipation must be hard! Good for you using this time for prep. :thumbsup:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Very nice.