• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cookware

marsleey

Meeting neighbors
I recently came across a post talking about cookware that is unsafe for birds. I didn’t know there could be unsafe cookware. :confused: :( My family uses Ballarini nonstick pans , and I’ve looked through the website, no PFOAs, but unsure about the other chemicals. It is coated with “ceramic particles” - unsure if it’s PTFE free or not. We also use a Buffalo rice cooker, but the model is very old so I’m unable to check if it’s free of these chemicals. It is stainless steel though. Do you think I can still cook with the nonstick pans and rice cooker?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I found this when I googled them... The most updated nonstick coating systems are used to fabricate Ballarini’s premium cookware. Made from PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), this PFOA-free polymer guarantees the best possible nonstick performance and is certified safe by international health professionals. Ballarini’s nonstick coatings offer easy release for effortless scrambled eggs. Strong durability increases resistance to scratches and chips—go ahead and use metal utensils. Tougher coatings lengthen the lifespan of Ballarini’s pans, saving cooks money spent on replacements. Easy cleaning ensures that no time is wasted on washing and more time can be spent cooking. As the go-to R&D company for prominent coating manufacturers, Ballarini is ever-expanding their line of advanced coatings. Granitium is a revolutionary formula inspired by the ancient technique of cooking on stone. This hard "nonstick surface with a heart of stone" is fork-proof, metal-safe and easy to clean. Appealing to the eye, Granitium is beloved for its durability and release. Innovation is key in Ballarini’s production process. New forging technology forms premium raw materials under high pressure. This maintains the pan’s shape by preventing warping, making them more durable