• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

cooking plates...

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I have some baskets like that here from set Elfa shelves and stuff we used to have. We don’t have much of it left now but it is sturdy and very handy. They come in real handy in the garden to keep the wild birds off my strawberries lol.
:D I'll have to check if they fi on the stove, and if Pichu isn't small enough to walk right through :rolleyes:...

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
:D I'll have to check if they fi on the stove, and if Pichu isn't small enough to walk right through :rolleyes:...
We took a trip to IKEA for something else, and I found another large strainer. So the 2 smallest burners are covered at least so far. When I find a better solution I'll probably use that strainer for a carrier bag...

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Thank god for IKEA! :D
I cover my plates with a bigger ss pan then the plate. (It must be bigger to be safe) I fill it up with cold water. It's cold in 5 minutes.

You can put a baby protection plate in the front and then make a construction in the back so you can cover the whole area.
Or put two together and cover the top area.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
that's quite much stuff to keep inside my mini kitchen, but the idea is great! I found out that my new strainer is larger than the former one and fits on the medium burner, so I can cover 3 of the 4, and the largest one can be covered with something I have but I have no idea what it is called... :wacky:

upload_2019-9-11_23-55-6.jpeg