• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Convincing Taco that I'm not girlfriend material

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Over the past week or so, Taco has become much more comfortable in his new home, and more affectionate with me. He loves beaking me, dancing with me, and asking for scritches.
But today, while getting his scritches, he took hold of my thumb and regurgitated for me. I took my hand away and went to do something else for a minute to discourage it, but he's nothing if not persistent, and has been trying to feed me all day.
I do feel very bad for the poor guy, since he had a mate for who knows how long until she passed away a year ago, but I don't want him getting upset and frustrated when I can't reciprocate, owing to me...not being a bird.
However, I also want to avoid losing the bond we've been building.
How can I convince my poor little romeo that I'm not the mate for him, without messing up our platonic flock relationship? As far as I can tell I haven't done anything to "lead him on" (no scritches beyond the head, no blankets to nest in or anything), but none of my fids have ever shown romantic inclinations toward me, and I'm not yet a master of macaw body language, so I could be wrong. This is a whole new world for me, lol.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie