• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conures Fighting

ConureMom!

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Caydence
This January my male conure, Teekey, got outside in minus 30 degrees celsius weather. He was outside for about an hour till we finally caught him and brought him in. After taking him to the vet, we found out he had frostbite on both his feet. After weeks of going to the vet they decided to amputate 3 toes on one of his feet. Since then he has gotten better, he just struggles with walking.
And since it’s mating season my female conure, Skeeter, is ready to start mating but I don’t think Teekey is because of his incident. Skeeter has gotten really aggressive with Teekey. She attacks him everyday, but the thing is they can’t be in separate rooms without each other or they start screaming.
Is there something I can do to stop them fighting? And will this trauma lead Teekey to never breed again? Any information would be helpful, thank you.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I would highly recommend putting them in separate cages, even in the same room, for his safety. As to your breeding question, it is very possible that he may never successfully breed again. Without being able to stand/walk steadily, he will have problems mating.

ConureMom!

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Caydence
Welcome! I would highly recommend putting them in separate cages, even in the same room, for his safety. As to your breeding question, it is very possible that he may never successfully breed again. Without being able to stand/walk steadily, he will have problems mating.
Thank you for answering, I’ll try putting them in separate cages.