• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Conure with injured wing

Brighty199

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brittany
A lady had posted on here looking to rehome her conure and I adopted him. I noticed that one of his wings are drooping and when I let him out of his cage he cannot fly. I'm very worried that it is broken. I have an appointment at the vet for later today, but I'm wondering if there is something I can do to make him more comfortable in the meantime? I did move him out of his flight cage and into an emergency cage that has lower perches and everything is near the bottom so he wont have to climb or fly for food and ect. I messaged her about it and she said when her husband was transferring him to the new cage his wing may have been injured then because the husband noticed the wing drooping at that point.

Brighty199

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brittany
He also has a small wound on the underside of his wing and some light brusing.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The vet will be able to tell you what is wrong with the wing. make sure he takes an xray.

Until then you are doing what can be done without pain meds.