• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Conure vomiting at night

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello,

Is the vomit you refer to the first picture? I don´t see any splatter, so it looks more like food has been regurgitated and placed in that spot.

08nav

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello,

Is the vomit you refer to the first picture? I don´t see any splatter, so it looks more like food has been regurgitated and placed in that spot.
hi, thanks for your reply! Yes that’s what I’m talking about...it was all over his beak as well! Could it be that he goes to bed right after eating? Also what about his poops?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
The first image looks a lot like regurgitated food. That tent is often seen as a nesting site by birds, and those types of things are also incredibly dangerous. Many ingest the fibers or get tangled in threads. I would suggest removing that entirely.

As for the poops, what all is your bird eating during a day?

08nav

Checking out the neighborhood
The first image looks a lot like regurgitated food. That tent is often seen as a nesting site by birds, and those types of things are also incredibly dangerous. Many ingest the fibers or get tangled in threads. I would suggest removing that entirely.

As for the poops, what all is your bird eating during a day?
He’s on a pellet diet only! Occasionally we give seeds, but never enough to replace his whole diet.