• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Conure threw up

Quail

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Rylee
I'm super worried right now and I'm really not sure what to do. I dont have a liscense yet, my mom is at work. Dash (my 1 year old Black capped conure) threw up a few times, 2-3 having a large amount of gross stomach contents and the last few having very little come out. I'd like to specify that it was projectile vomiting and not just regurgitation. We aren't a super wealthy family and we're not really in the position to pay for a checkup much less anything serious. I might be able to get enough cash together over the next few days but Im not sure. Should I be super worried?

TL;DR: my conure threw up and I cant bring him to the vet right now. What do I do?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Call your vet up and see if they can break the fee in to monthly payments instead of one lump sum. Example; you pay 25% of the cost on the day of the appointment, and the rest is divided in monthly payments.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie