• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure suddenly aggressive and attacking! Help!

imnotgrandpa

Meeting neighbors
Hey guys, maybe you all can help me. I posted a while back about introducing a new conure with my year old one and they’re getting along well. However recently my old boy has started to aggressively attack my mother.

She would visit every day and they used to be very close. Now he will randomly bite her neck, nose and he even bit her eye and her lip was swollen today. It’s breaking my heart to see her cry because she’s loves him so much. He is the same as before with the rest of the family and is only directing this aggressive behavior towards her. Please help?!!

Why could this be and how can I stop it?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Has your mom changed her appearnce in ny way? New perfume, new glases? I this bird hormonal?

imnotgrandpa

Meeting neighbors
Has your mom changed her appearnce in ny way? New perfume, new glases? I this bird hormonal?
She hasn’t as far as I’m aware. I considered that it could be hormones, but how can I know for sure? Should I take him to a vet?

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
There is probably something that your mother is wearing that has initiated the behaviour as Lady Jane just mentioned! It could be the smallest of reasons to us, but a huge factor to your fid! For now, make sure your fid doesn't have the opportunity to bite your mum at all! Just get your mum to talk to him and give treats though the cage to reassure your fid that she is one of the good guys!

Let us know how you go! :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
If you introduced another bird which I thought you said...Two things...Mom could be getting a warning to stay away from the new bird or he's defending his new bird friend love interest & mom is seen as a threat.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
If you introduced another bird which I thought you said...Two things...Mom could be getting a warning to stay away from the new bird or he's defending his new bird friend love interest & mom is seen as a threat.
Totally agree........now birdie has birdie friend who needs a human? If hormones are high that is a double whammy.