• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure silly walk??

Jellybird

Moving in
Sometimes my yellow sided GCC does this thing where she puffs up and moves forward her chest, and slowly walks around like that, like a little boss. It's the cutest thing! She does this sometimes randomly, pretty frequently. What does that mean? She is a female a little over 6 months. Does anyone else's birds do this? I haven't been able to find any videos of birds doing the same thing.

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
Can you post a video? It sounds adorable, but not like anything I've seen Sunflower do. She is 6 months old.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Bailey does that, I call it his King Bailey strut:hehe:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yes, my "see me and pay attention" strut. Zia does it often when she is displaying for affection. Others in the flock sometimes do it when they are telling me they are going to be turds.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I call it the Mick Jagger strut and gccs are excellent at doing it. It goes to the tune of "Start Me Up"

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
Gilligan's nickname is Little Big Bird. For an 80 gram bird, he is quite fearless and struts around like he is a 2 lb Macaw. They really are a Macaw in a tiny body.