• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure Screaming at other birds

CapitalE

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Elias
My GCC screams like a banshee if he so much as hear a chirp from a sparrow outdoors.

I've managed to get him to cease screaming for the most part when it comes to other reasons for screaming but I have no clue how to go about stopping him from screaming at outdoor birds!

He is a 5 month old GCC and he's a biggest punk I've ever met but I love his heart.

If anyone has any tips I'd much appreciate it!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do you have any type of white noise in his room? An air purifier is good for this. That might help diffuse the noise enough to keep him from screaming back at them.

CapitalE

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Elias
Do you have any type of white noise in his room? An air purifier is good for this. That might help diffuse the noise enough to keep him from screaming back at them.
I've tried running a fan, having YouTube videos play, etc. He seems to be able to hear it over any other background noise.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My green cheek also called to the wildlife and even imitated blue Jays (which, a conure screeching like a jay is in my top 5 of Worst Sounds My Bird Makes :lol: )

She's been gone for several years now and I unfortunately can't remember if she ever grew out of it!

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
my green cheek conure does the same thing , I am ok with it

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo likes to respond to birds outside but go's wild if she see's or hears magpies

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Inca, my orange winged amazon, starts crowing with even slightest hints from outside crows... Imagine an amazon making that noise... and he's a perfectionist in this matter, LOL

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
My tiel is very loud...as is my budgie. Noise is just part of being a birb parent! :)

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Inca, my orange winged amazon, starts crowing with even slightest hints from outside crows... Imagine an amazon making that noise... and he's a perfectionist in this matter, LOL
:coffeescreen:
This made me laugh way too hard! Lovely Inca!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There's a crow who taunts my budgies from the roof (I'm on the top floor). He also wakes them up. Most of the time most of them ignore him, but never Marzipan. I think the crow likes to do this as entertainment. At 6:10 this morning I heard him. Sure enough, Marzipan began to reply in incensed budgie tones. I think the crow had this apartment claimed as part of his territory, pre-budgies, either that or he just enjoys taunting tiny birds. :eek: