• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure Questions

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I LOVE the turquoise. Always have. But yeah, who picks you.

Are you at the store now, getting picked? :D
No, they aren't open today, but they will be tomorrow. :)

I have a whole list of stuff I gotta get- pellets, most importantly. Also nutriberries, avicakes, some type of treat seeds, and foot toys. They also have sulfate-free dried fruits and veggies, so maybe I'll get some too. Then we'll have to take a big trip to Whole Foods for chop stuff.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Make sure to take lots of pictures of the conures while you're there tomorrow!

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I thought I wanted a typical GCC, but when I went to the store they only had new pineapple babies. Waffle (who was either Pip or Squeak at the time) poked her little head out from under the tea towel keeping the babies warm and cheeped at me and that was it! I was chosen! :heart:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
For anyone who got their bird as a baby, is there any baby-related stuff I need to do? Like any special cage setups or anything?

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Waffle was 13 weeks when I brought her home. She was very nimble so I didn't have anything special. Her main perch is made of fleece rope so she had a soft place to perch with lots of surface area. She didn't have a ton of toys when I first brought her home b/c I didn't want to overwhelm her--but that quickly changed. :roflmao:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Prepping the upstairs now :) It's not quite a bird room, but it's where all the bird stuff minus the main cage goes. Much to do!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I gotta say, when I got to hold them, I was surprised how heavy they were! A chunky little baby. They sat on my hand, climbed up to my elbow, and jumped over to the cage with the baby sun conures, to go try and tease them. I think they're a curious type :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I gotta say, when I got to hold them, I was surprised how heavy they were! A chunky little baby. They sat on my hand, climbed up to my elbow, and jumped over to the cage with the baby sun conures, to go try and tease them. I think they're a curious type :)
The one in the photo picked you or was the friendliest? So pretty! They are indeed curious!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
The one in the photo picked you or was the friendliest? So pretty! They are indeed curious!
Yeah, that's my baby! Something about her just spoke to me. She kept looking at me, like she was wondering if I was her new human.

I picked up pellets, nutriberries, avicakes, millet, a jingly ball and a birdie kabob while I was there. Before we bring her home I'll have to make a run to Whole Foods too.