• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure new pairing suggestion

PritamGur

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Pritam Gur
Hello everyone. I have a gcc male and pineapple conure female. Both are pretty young, around 9 months. I have bought together from a breeder when they are 5 months old. Yesterday, my male gcc flew away somehow. I need suggestion on couple of questions
1. If I buy a new male conure, will it pair properly with my female pineapple or do I need to give some time before pairing with new?
2. Can pineapple conure pair with other types of conure like yellow sided?

Kindly help me with your suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
There is still a chance you can find your bird. Many people have lost birds and have found them. IMO it's too soon to give up on finding yours. There are members from all over on here, if you could give a location others might be able to help you.

PritamGur

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Pritam Gur
There is still a chance you can find your bird. Many people have lost birds and have found them. IMO it's too soon to give up on finding yours. There are members from all over on here, if you could give a location others might be able to help you.
48 hours passed it seems to get him back is getting deemed . I feel very bad when I see the female

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Pineapple and yellow-sided are mutations of green-cheeked conures. They are all the same species so they can be safely bred with each other as long as they are old enough and not related.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Yesterday, my male gcc flew away somehow.
Some tips for you;

Have you listed him on www.parrotalert.com ?
Post in facebook groups,
Email all vets (even cats/dogs ones)
create flyers to post in local shops etc
Walk around the streets calling him
Go around the neighbourhood with pictures asking if anyone has seen him
Check neighbours gardens
Check on top of apartment building roofs
Look in the local park in the trees
Advise local animal services (the pound, rescue centres)
Drop a poster off at the police station, fire station

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
So if you are looking for what to pair with your female to get "good colors" there are a few options. Both yellow sided and cinammon being sexed link you would need to pair with a male that is either visible or split to cinnamon, yellow sided or pineapple to get visual young.

ETA this is if you plan to breed. If you dont plan to breed your bird may get along with another greencheek (any mutation) or may prefer a different friend. You can never guarantee success of birds getting along.

Last edited: