• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure has some missing tummy feathers

Romi

Meeting neighbors
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rosemary
I have a green cheek conure and her name is Romi, I’ve noticed that Romi has some missing tummy feathers she’s acting fine she’s eating good too. And I’m pretty sure she’s moulting i just see some pin feathers on her head right now I’m giving her seeds I also can’t get pellets because parents lost their jobs so once they get jobs and when the restrictions are lifted we can go get pellets . I also give chop and I’m giving radish,capsicum,carrot,banana,apple,broccoli,cucumber,zucchini and corn so if anyone can tell me what’s wrong with my bird or give me some advice that will be great

Attachments

Romi

Meeting neighbors
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rosemary
I know it doesn’t look too bad, but A week ago i noticed a grey feather and today it just seems like she just lost a few more

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You shouldn't be seeing grey feathers exposed on the tummy. This usually means that they are plucking or barbering their feathers. What kinds of toys does she have access to? Can you make her forage for her dry food?

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
I'm not a conure expert, but when I first got my green-cheek conure Jade, I was told that thank his parents over-preened his neck a little too much, so there was visible under-fluff on his neck for a week, so maybe keep on eye out for which feathers she is preening.

Romi

Meeting neighbors
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rosemary
I'm not a conure expert, but when I first got my green-cheek conure Jade, I was told that thank his parents over-preened his neck a little too much, so there was visible under-fluff on his neck for a week, so maybe keep on eye out for which feathers she is preening.
Yeah maybe i haven’t really seen her preen her tummy that much, but I’ll keep a close eye on her

Romi

Meeting neighbors
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rosemary
You shouldn't be seeing grey feathers exposed on the tummy. This usually means that they are plucking or barbering their feathers. What kinds of toys does she have access to? Can you make her forage for her dry food?
I don’t really put in toys because they don’t really play or shred their toys, I just put in sticks,flowers and branches for her to chew on and I’ll make some foraging toys because she likes foraging toys also could sleep be also affecting her? Recently me and my family have been sleeping late around 11 and 12 and my parents wake up around 9-8AM so my birds sleep when we sleep and they wake up when we wake up. I don’t think it’s plucking or barbering because I kept a pretty close eye on her and I haven’t seen her excessively preen her feathers