• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure Diet Help :)

Aleya

Moving in
Real Name
Aleya
Hello! I have my first ever conure who is 15 weeks old. At the moment his diet consists of Harrisons pellets, Avi-cakes, vegetables, and some fruit. I feel like I could definitely add more to his diet and was considering sprouts? I do know how to sprout and what not, but I just don't know where to start without spending an overwhelming amount of money on 20+ different seeds and legumes. I am still getting a hang of owning a conure and just want what's best for him. I am aware that birds need different diets then others, but different people can at least give me more ideas.Any other diet recommendations? :)

Last edited:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welave:

Does your bird have a name ?

Harrisons are a good pellet and my birds both transitioned onto seed using the harrisons they still get a bit of that along with roudybush now they both have pellets available 24/7

Veg wise they will get a selection of the following - bell peppers, sweet peppers,chilli's,brocilli,carrot,sweetcorn,fresh peas,courgette,cucumber,squah they also get frsh thyme,parsley,dill all depends what i can get fresh
Fruit grape,strawberry,rasberry,blueberry,apple and mango but they dont get fruit daily and it is fed sparringly
they get sprouts in the morning

Sometimes it can take a while with new foods ( sometimes they just wont bother neither of mine will look at banana ) just keep trying cut into different sizes

this thread is worth a read and there are a few pics on it of my birds fresh food

How about some pics of your new cheekie ?

Aleya

Moving in
Real Name
Aleya
:welave:

Does your bird have a name ?

Harrisons are a good pellet and my birds both transitioned onto seed using the harrisons they still get a bit of that along with roudybush now they both have pellets available 24/7

Veg wise they will get a selection of the following - bell peppers, sweet peppers,chilli's,brocilli,carrot,sweetcorn,fresh peas,courgette,cucumber,squah they also get frsh thyme,parsley,dill all depends what i can get fresh
Fruit grape,strawberry,rasberry,blueberry,apple and mango but they dont get fruit daily and it is fed sparringly
they get sprouts in the morning

Sometimes it can take a while with new foods ( sometimes they just wont bother neither of mine will look at banana ) just keep trying cut into different sizes

this thread is worth a read and there are a few pics on it of my birds fresh food

How about some pics of your new cheekie ?
Thank you so much! All that will be very helpful. Luckily I’ve been blessed with a conure who isn’t picky, haha. Here are some pics of him!!

Attachments

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much! All that will be very helpful. Luckily I’ve been blessed with a conure who isn’t picky, haha. Here are some pics of him!!
He is lovely

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, the pics are in this thread. Okay, I suggest the names Sunset or Dusk, for his colours. :)

Chris1234

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chris
He's beautiful!!! :xflove:

There are a few good sprout mixes out there specifically for birds. I've used Sprout People Bird mixes for years. I know China Prairie has some too. Sprouts are a great healthy addition to their diets and are packed full of nutrients.

Other than that, veggies, greens and some fruit like you mentioned are great too. Just add as much diversity as you can. You don't have to make it all yourself. I buy some different seed and dried veggie mixes and make up my own thing for foraging. My chop is fresh and home made, but I use some frozen mixes to save some time on chopping. There's lots of little shortcuts you can take and still be offering a great variety to your little guy.