• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Conure crashed into ceiling fan

Annebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anne/Annie
Hello all, hoping for some reconciliation or information on my bird. Today is thanksgiving, so no vets are open. My parrot flew into the fan and seemed stunned with an injured or limp wing. I think she might be ok until tomorrow when we can bring her in but for now what are signs of internal bleeding? Her stool isn’t bloody and nothing seems off or broken surface level physically so I was just wondering. I don’t know if it’s the shock that’s causing her to act to dazed when I last saw her.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Head injury/bleeding on the brain can cause dazed behavior same as shock can.

This happened a few hours ago so how is your bird doing now?

Annebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anne/Annie
Hello! She’s definitely a bit less sluggish when we came back. I can definitely see injury with the right foot and wing, and my preferred vet is out of town for the holidays so we have to take her out to another one quite far away this afternoon. Hoping it’s just some bruising and if it’s a broken bone a splint of some sort will fix her up.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden