• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure Biting Issue

Cosette Gagne

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Cosette Gagne
My GCC is a biting fiend. He does it in a friendly manner with me but with my boyfriend he gets aggressive. Like when he took him out of the cage today without me here, he lunged straight at his fingers instead of the treat he had in his fingers.
He will never lunge at me...
But my boyfriend has been present since I got my bird.
I am bonded to the bird and I really want him to be able to experience the joy a bird brings alongside me.

Thank you!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
I wish i had advice to give you. With my girl i let her come out of her cage and typically if we let her come out we don't get bit. She will bite at anyone sticking there hand in her cage. Even me and she loves me. Maybe he could try and allowing your bird to come out on his own. He dosent like your boyfriend in his territory form the sound of it.

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
How old is your bird? My having small issues with my own GCC. She is hitting that one year Mark so she is having little bursts of attitude. I also have til get her beak trimme . It's so sharp! Haha. I'd suggest anytime your bird bites anyon . Place it in its cage and leave the room.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Definitely don't let your bf stick his hand in the cage. My birds are all cage Territorial and if I am rearranging in there and I get bit.... I typically know I was asking for it.

How long have you had him? Has your bf interacted much with him to date? You should probably discourage the "friendly" bite so he knows biting is not acceptable. Best way for that is to read body language and avoid it.