• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure being aggressive to cockatiels

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I agree with making a new routine of separate times out for your birds. This way you get the best of them all and they get the best of their out of cage time and no one has to go anywhere new or get used to any extreme changes. If you get rid of a bird then that is a change you will need to get used to anyway so change is coming either way but I suggest trying the separate out of cage times and seeing how things go before making a huge change for you and the birds.

Aoi♡

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elise
Have you heard about cockatiels dust affecting mainly Macaws + Conures?

It causes dust to get into the lungs there are no symptoms shown until the late stage and there is no cure.

Even with an air filter your conure biting and pulling on cockatiel feathers concerns me in dust accumlation in the lungs.

I would say this if you are not able to fit your lifestyle to this birds needs then I would say to rehome.

Only you know what is best for you, your conure, and the rest of the flock.

Reactions: Ali

niamhk

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Niamh Kempton
Have you heard about cockatiels dust affecting mainly Macaws + Conures?

It causes dust to get into the lungs there are no symptoms shown until the late stage and there is no cure.

Even with an air filter your conure biting and pulling on cockatiel feathers concerns me in dust accumlation in the lungs.

I would say this if you are not able to fit your lifestyle to this birds needs then I would say to rehome.

Only you know what is best for you, your conure, and the rest of the flock.
i have heard about it yes. but i’ve had a lot of conflicting info on it. so for now i’m not worried

Lunar

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Serena
i have heard about it yes. but i’ve had a lot of conflicting info on it. so for now i’m not worried
I would recommend to read this info/link by Hankmacaw with all the details about it.

A good friend of mine had a Macaw and cockatiel housed together and her Macaw unfortunately passed away from it we both didn't know this existed at the time she was undoubtedly devestated from this incident.

I just don't want the same thing to happen to you or your conures.

Lunar

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Serena
I would recommend to read this info/link by Hankmacaw with all the details about it.

A good friend of mine had a Macaw and cockatiel housed together and her Macaw unfortunately passed away from it we both didn't know this existed at the time she was undoubtedly devestated from this incident.

I just don't want the same thing to happen to you or your conures.
I forgot to add that both birds were in the same room 24/7 and she had an air filter as well.

I've seen posts where others say to get a air filter and you can house cockatiels with non dust/little producing birds but I would say no to that unless you have multiple high quality ones.