• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure Bath

Circling

Walking the driveway
Real Name
John
Your conure is bathing in stainless bowl in cage vs. sink, or bathroom shower? I'm wanting her to try the SS bowl in cage idea after fedex arrives with the big cage.

This will be a first! What's your experience?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
My lovebirds will bathe in their water bowls in their cages if they get the urge... But they like to bathe under the gentle tap in the kitchen.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I put a 30 oz SS bowl in my bird's cage, and she takes baths as she sees fit. She's not a fan of running water.

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
My conure flies to the sink and fluffs up his feathers whenever he wants to take a shower, or he starts to take a bath in his food bowl whenever he wants a bath. I usually don't put a big bowl of water to bathe in in his cage, because then he tends to just poop in it. :)

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
All my bird that liked bathed, leaves out the Tiels, have taken baths in the SS water bowl...no matter what I wanted them to do. Both Cheddar and BB have dunked themselves 3-4 time in a week and get pretty wet. BUT the champ of "Soaked Birdidom" was and likely always will be Riti, my Late Kakariki. She had been home from the store less than an hour when I took photo.

Soaking_Wet.jpg