• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure baby help!

Teddy123

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rebekah
Hi there,

I’ve found myself ina situation that has resulted in me having to hand rear a baby conure in the next few days.
I am unsure of how old the baby is, I’ve been told 6-7 weeks but am unsure. I will attach pictures.
currently the baby is being fed by syringe at 8am, 1pm, 7pm and 12am.
it currently isn’t receiving any additional heat other than the room temperature is 24 degrees with no humidity measures.
My question is.. are those feeding times okay? Are they regular enough? Is that level of heating enough? Humidity? My research seems to tell me that it’s not?

I am also inexperienced with hand rearing and am wondering if I should move to the spoon method of feeding to start with (although it is messier). I have watched numerous feeding videos to give me an idea what to do but I just want as much information and advice as possible.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
wondering if I should move to the spoon method of feeding to start with
Yes. Feed with a small spoon.

Where is the little one being housed? The temperature is quite low for little ones. Can you make the room warmer? Does he have bedding helping to keep him warm?

There´s lots to read on this thread;
(includes hand feeding tips, how to make a feeder spoon and how to prep formula correctly)

@Laurie

Teddy123

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rebekah
I haven’t collected him just yet, at the moment I believe he’s just being kept in a small animal pet carrier.

When I receive him I want to do everything properly, I will ensure the temperature is higher than what he is being kept at now.

Thanks so much for the link, I will definitely check that out. I’ve been doing as much research as possible