• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdman696

Meeting neighbors
So I’m in the process of converting my shed into an aviary, the shed is quite large, and I don’t doubt I could fit in my current birds (4 budgies 2 cockatiels). But I was just wondering how conures are in regards to sharing an aviary with budgies and cockatiels? I’ve been trying to do research but all of the sites that come up aren’t helpful. So does anyone know if they are/aren’t aggressive towards other birds? I was thinking an aviary with my current bird and maybe some bourkes, but have also been thinking about birds like kakarikis and Indian ringnecks. This list is of course subject to change and if anyone has any knowledge about conures, kakarikis and Indian ringnecks, thanks in advance

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
NO. No conure species in the aviary. Maybe don't add any new birds, so your birds have extra room.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Seconding Aves. Don't put conures with tiels and budgies. A ringneck is a bad idea as well.

I'm not familiar enough with kakarikis to comment, but I do know they're not powder down birds so I'd worry about housing them with cockatiels.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Do not mix species. That is asking for disaster.

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Agree with all the comments in this thread. My conure and budgies get along very well, but I still do not allow them unsupervised as there have been atleast five times that there could be an accident and the budgies could be injured. Also, tiel powder down can cause phs to conures which is a deadly disease with no cure. Your best option would be to get more cockatiels or budgies.