• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Conure #2 is happening

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
After a bit of research and some helpful advice from all of you, my husband and I have decided that we are going to get another conure.

Sunflower is a 5 month old cinnamon GCC. She is so much fun and so friendly. My husband is a student and I am a teacher, so we have to go back to school and have decided to get Sunflower a friend to keep her company for the few hours we will be gone.

20170808_110327_1502206975826.jpg

We are very excited for baby number 2, and we haven't even gotten her yet! We are on a waiting list with a hobby breeder, and will hopefully have a new baby by January. We are hoping to get a CBC this time. We love the colors and everything we've read about their personalities.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:congratsbig:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
A bird for the bird | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

I recently asked this forum about that kind of stuff. Dachsund King was very helpful. I also know that it depends on the birds whether they bond more with each other than with you. I was hoping to get more replies on that one, but we wanted another bird anyway.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
A bird for the bird | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

I recently asked this forum about that kind of stuff. Dachsund King was very helpful. I also know that it depends on the birds whether they bond more with each other than with you. I was hoping to get more replies on that one, but we wanted another bird anyway.
Get your baby ! how exciting, I believe in the concept " A bird for the bird " we can never fulfill the companionship that which only another avian could. regardless if they are bonded buddies' or not ! ;)

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
You should quarantine the new baby at first and then introduce them slowly. Once they can be out together, supervise closely and be prepared to step in and separate any squabbles as they could do each other harm. It will take patience and close supervision, so just be prepared.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
We are wiling to put in the time. We'll have a separate cage for the new baby and we'll make sure we spend lots of time with both of them.
Being prepared is key , seems you have done your research and committed to taking the responsibility seriously. I bet your excited to bring your new flock member home !

Last edited: