• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Contemplating Capes

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Well, I've mentioned that we are going to start looking to add a second bird to our family in about six months. My hubby and I have been talking it over and we are strongly leaning towards a Cape! :D So far I contacted a couple of breeders and two of them have pairs on eggs now which is too soon for us, so we will be either be getting a late in season baby or will wait until next spring season. I am very excited. I'm also not opposed to bringing an older bird into our home, it's just that they are really hard to find and I'm not sure what the chances of that are. I did find an older male in Ny, however, he has already found a home. So we are going to do as much reading as we can and hopefully talk to some cape owners and then meet with a breeder and meet some babies! I know there are a couple Capes owners here and would love to hear all the ups and downs of owning a Cape. I love looking at pics of Fannie and reading her stories. :) She sounds like a doll!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I'm getting a Cape at the end of summer / beginning of fall too!! :D I am so beyond excited. There is a Cape yahoo group that isn't terribly active because it's so new but you should join, do a search for it!

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
I raise Capes but have never kept one as a pet, when we had our last clutch I had 2 females and kept one for myself as a 'future' breeder. She is a delight to live with, is only about 6 months old and talks up a storm! But, she talks so soft you can barely hear her. She's a real sweetie, learns things fast, is not a fussy eater, doesn't holler or scream, takes to strangers well, and I could go on and on. I have several other birds as well but there is already something special about this little girl. If I were you I'd get one when you can!!

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Thank you Coco and Tammie for your replies. :) We are doing as much reading on them as we can and are hoping to meet one in the next few weeks. (He's someone's pet, not for sale) I've heard quite a few positive things about them and so far I think a cape would make a great addition into our family. We'll see what the future brings! :)

Minnesota Merlin

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cyndi McLain
They're beautiful! I'd never seen one before. I loved the videos!

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:hehe: Emma the Cape has adorable videos! Her Wheeeeee video is priceless! :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
My faaaavorite Cape video is "Grandma loves Thor." It is TOO cute. And "Thor's Box." :D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes.. I like the Grandma Loves Thor one too!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.